JDM H22A INTO JDM CRX DEL SOL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THE_REVEREND

I've done one swap before this, but the one before was the engine that was supposed to go with the car so no real modification was needed for the swap.

What will I need to complete this swap?

Heres what the swap im looking at comes with:
Motor, Distributor, 5spd Transmission, Wiring Harness, and P13 ECU.

The Del Sol is pre 96, so its OBD1 for sure.

So I figure mounts for 92-95 civic/del sol. No problem.
What else do I need? :)
Mabye thinking of a B18, not sure.

You need H22 into a 92-95 Civic mounts, HAsports are my recommendation. You need a combo of Prelude halfshaft/Integra axles (further modification to the axles maybe nescessary, such as switching joints, not hard, just a pain), slim fan, and I think that is all if you have the whole motor swap.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 12 2005, 09:06 PM
You need H22 into a 92-95 Civic mounts, HAsports are my recommendation. You need a combo of Prelude halfshaft/Integra axles (further modification to the axles maybe nescessary, such as switching joints, not hard, just a pain), slim fan, and I think that is all if you have the whole motor swap.
[post=498700]Quoted post[/post]​

So will the engine harness plug into the cabin harness? And will the ecu fit into the plugs where the normal ecu is? Or no.

The ECU, yes, the engine harness, not so sure about. Someone will be along that has a definitive answer on that one.

no it wont work, you will need to extend and add plugs all over the place.
We sent ours to SRD to get done for $225, it was worth the money 4 the hassle.
http://superiorracing.com
Send them both harnesses and they will do it quick.
Also get the resistor box 4 teh injectors and a map sensor.
And the shitlinkage i have no clue, im sure you will need the h22 shiftlinkage, or an accord , but you might have to modify it for the del sol length i think is longer?

Civic/Delsol/Integras use shift rods, H22's use shift cables, you need to make the hole where the shiftlinge runs through bigger to accomodate them.

i know that, but our cables would definately not go even another 2 inches, maybe it was the way we routed it?
We used a 93 accord shiftlinkage+cables on the coupe

Back