JDM H22A TCU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepn_accord

So I have the JDM H22A TCU and I can't get the car out of park (without using the key to bypass the solenoid) and when I'm in D4 the indicator isn't illuminated..however, the 1,2 & D3 illuminate fine.

Does anyone know what wires may need to be swapped? Thanks.

I'm not aware of any differences in wiring for the Tranny Computers. I have had some weird stuff happen while playing with the power. Pull out your radio backup fuse and your ecu fuse for ten seconds or more. It'll reset all of your shit in the cab too, but it clears the ecu. Sometimes that cures stupid shit. As for checking wires, I'd have to know what you messed with. A green wire with a white stripe sends a signal to all of that. It's your brake light switch. I had the same problem that you are describing one time, and my brake lights didn't come on either. If your brake lights work, and your tired of using your key, you can do it ghetto. Remove your console(cupholder to rear ashtray). Look at the mechanism on the passenger side. Anything that holds that little lever up will allow your car to go into gear. It'll solve your problem for a while, but it does cut out the safety part too.

My D4 has never worked, so I'm used to it.

I assume you mean your 'D4' illumination.. the D4 works..just not illuminated... I'm starting to think that there may be a pair of wires which need to be switched...I've even tried swapping ecu's so the fuse trick wouldn't work... <_<

G** DAMMIT! IF I COULD JUST GET A JDM BB REPAIR MANUAL...

Yeah, the illumination. I have the prelude manual which I borrowed from the Honda Parts guy. I have to give it back tomorrow, but I'll take a peek tonight.

There's a lot of stuff in this manual, and how to test the circuits for the shifter. It's called the interlock system. There is an interlock control unit, key interlock switch, shift lock solenoid, and other shit. Did you just swap the TCU, or did you mess around with other stuff at the same time? Like I mentioned earlier, I've had weird stuff happen. I pulled the ECU fuse with the power on once(duh), because I was in a hurry, and my door locks stopped working. I reset everything and they worked again. Recently, I had about the same thing you guys are experiencing happen to me, while installing my alarm. I bumped a relay or something around the interior fuse box of the car. I was using the key to get into gear until I pushed on all my fuses and pressed my harnesses together better. Double check your connections, I'm willing to bet you'll be amazed how simple the answer is. If not, look up shifter interlock system.(93 HONDA SHOP manual, for prelude, 23-161)

My local Honda parts guy is cool as fuck, and is more than happy to let me flip through his four inch thick books.

Yah, I've gone through the manual.. but I can't figure out why it is doing this.. <_<

ok, just so i understand you correctly you say you cant get your car out of park? if thats the situation check out your brake off on switch(BOO switch). you are probably thinking "what the hell does the brakes have to do with my tranny" But if you think about it the first thing you do when you get in and after starting it you press the brake pedal and then go to whatever gear. i did this problem at lincoln tech... what a waste of money lol

well it wasn't the brake switch.

The difference is the prelude TCU has an extra wire that the accords weren't equipped with.

What I had to do was run a wire from shift postion sensor (the electrical box on the left side of the shifter) to the TCU (A7 I believe). That was all. Now it works all 'g'! :D

Help!

Hey guys,
I know this thread is super old but just never got the time to really solve the problem for 1 1/2 year now. I thought I could live with that shift lock for so long but it seems that I can't anymore...so...if you guys could kindly help me out on this, it would be super great. Thanks.

well it wasn't the brake switch.

The difference is the prelude TCU has an extra wire that the accords weren't equipped with.

What I had to do was run a wire from shift postion sensor (the electrical box on the left side of the shifter) to the TCU (A7 I believe). That was all. Now it works all 'g'! :D

this is how.

I see that...but more info please...as of which shift position sensor am I suppose to connect the A7 wire to? If possible...show pics...Thanks.

Hey guys, I have tried the A7 wire from the tcu to the shifter's park wire and nothing work. What am I doing wrong?

it's one of those wires. I never did this to my old accord. Try emailing and messaging sleepn accord.

Hey tab,
You have a Accord auto tcu with your JDM H22a auto tranny right? If yes, can you get out of "park" with that Accord tcu? Just wondering because I don't remember if you can or not and I just happened to put my Accord tcu back in and I still can't get out of "P"! :confused: Just thought I ask you that because another guy on a different forum is telling me different stuff about the "can't get out of "P" procedure.

I guess my Accord TCU is mess up or something then, because I can't get out of "P" even with it. What do you think?

Anyways, that guy on the other forum has helped me out with the problem of can't get out of "P". What I have to do was jump two wires together and it work. It worked with my Prelude TCU and Accord TCU. If any of you guys want more info on this, just let me know.

It's pretty simple, your interlock powers a solenoid, that does the same thing when you put a key in the shifter. You can bypass it, or source it out to find the problem. Basically, you only need key power, and the brake source.

Back