JDM H22a won't heat up!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xela_127

hey guys!!! i've had the same problem all winter and now i'm really getting pissed!!! my car just won't heat up!! though it was the thermostat so i take it off put it in boiling water and it seem's like it works just fine!! so bleed the system again!! and then i realize that the fan go on when the temp gage goes higher than (little lower than quater) and then it drops back to cold!! and i forgot to say this is when i press the pedal to the metal!! otherwise it stays at C= cold! so i though of the fan switch i replaced it and the same thing happen!! if i unplug it and REV it up for a long time it gets to normal temperature but as soon as i start to drive it temp drops again even with the fan switch A(cause there is 2)unplug! the other fan switch turn on the fan at the exact good temp(normal operating temp)..
so i'm thinking of 2 possibilities 1- the gage sensor doesn't work properly but it doesn't make sens cause i see the temp gage go up and down all the time and the 2nd fan switch turn the fan on at the exact temp of a normal engine operation!
2- I DON'T KNOW!!!! please send me idea or whatever !! would you change the thermostat anyway see if there'S a difference??? i though of placing cardboard in front of my RADiator but that sucks!!! it was working properly and i want it to work properly again!! please no stupid answer !! only ppl who know what there talking about!!
thanx!!!

I would avoid trying to make your needle register correct temp until you are sure that it is registering correctly. A bad gauge is a minor problem, an overheated motor is a major one. As far as testing it ::shrugs:: Free bump for you.

My needle was broken so i got an aftermarket water temp gauge, it takes only a couple of minutes to install.
I didn't see where you lived, but when i spent the winter in michigan my car was often under 100degrees while driving.
Maybe try a higher temperature thermostat?
To me it just sounds like you have a fully functional cooling system, and you're trying to take away from that?
Are you mixed at 60/40 ratio with water:antifreeze?

ok thanx for reply....first of all....my temp gage looks like it's working properly cause like i said when i press the pedal to the metal with the first fan switch unplug the temp does get to the operating temp(to what it was before it breaks) and if i slow it down or go on the highway in a long term(longer than it was when the fan A was still plug i couldn't even get close to normal temp) it will go down bit by bit!!! but i know it'S not the fan switch i already changed it!!!!......could it really be the thermostat????? and yes of course my mixture is ok!!!!!!!! and the thermostat is set to open at 180!!! they make no thermostat higher than that!!
thanx!

Quoted post[/post]]
ok thanx for reply....first of all....my temp gage looks like it's working properly cause like i said when i press the pedal to the metal with the first fan switch unplug the temp does get to the operating temp(to what it was before it breaks) and if i slow it down or go on the highway in a long term(longer than it was when the fan A was still plug i couldn't even get close to normal temp) it will go down bit by bit!!! but i know it'S not the fan switch i already changed it!!!!......could it really be the thermostat????? and yes of course my mixture is ok!!!!!!!! and the thermostat is set to open at 180!!! they make no thermostat higher than that!!
thanx!
They actually make a 190, but 10 degrees is not going to make the difference we're talking about.
Where do you live?
The only other thing i guess is the Temperature Sensor, maybe change that out if you're convinced it's running normal and the gauge works.
Good luck :cool:

Back