JDM honda type R turbo???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smit1982

Hey a buddy of mine just bought the Honda integra type R JDM. not the acura one. It has a B18c5 in it...duh and has 137 xxx km sooooo what turbo set up should we put in it? We want quality parts, no ebay crap...THX :p

if it has a b18c5 in it its not a Honda Integra. If it was a real type R it would have a B18c in it.

:werd:

If it truly does have a B18C5, then it's a US-spec car, or at least a US-spec engine.

As far as the turbo goes, I wouldn't turbo a Type R motor at all. Did you guys not look into this any? The B18C5 is meant to be a high-compression naturally-aspirated screamer, it's not really suited for turbo. If you do turbo then you're either going to need to drop the compression or tune it extremely well...

:werd:

If it truly does have a B18C5, then it's a US-spec car, or at least a US-spec engine.

As far as the turbo goes, I wouldn't turbo a Type R motor at all. Did you guys not look into this any? The B18C5 is meant to be a high-compression naturally-aspirated screamer, it's not really suited for turbo. If you do turbo then you're either going to need to drop the compression or tune it extremely well...

couldnt you get a 40 mm head gasket lol =)

I agree that you shouldn't turbo a type r, mainly because its a disgrace to take honda's shining achievement of a 1.8 200hp motor. However aside from the pistons the motor is perfectly suited for a turbo set up thanks to the mild pnp job on the head and agressive cams.

I agree that you shouldn't turbo a type r, mainly because its a disgrace to take honda's shining achievement of a 1.8 200hp motor. However aside from the pistons the motor is perfectly suited for a turbo set up thanks to the mild pnp job on the head and agressive cams.

the mild port maybe, but type-r cams are long duration, for naturally aspirated power. for turbo you want high lift short duration...

if you planned on turbo, you just wasted a ton of money in my opinion... type-r motors are hardly worth their value

Back