JDM ITR front strut tower

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I'm in the process of doing suspension upgrades and have an opportunity to buy a real ITR front strut tower bar (not an ebay copy) for $60

To buy the bar direct from an acura dealer would be about $160 and I have seen them sell used for around $100 a few times so this seems like a pretty good deal.

I could get the ebay look-a-like for $25, and I'm sure the real one is better but is it really worth the extra $35?

just thought I'd get your opinions

here are some pics to show the differences between them

real ITR
8e_1.JPG

aa_1.JPG

ebay ITR
tbc92tr2_au1.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 21 2003, 11:05 AM
i paid $110 for my itr bar...

so in other words you are saying it is a good deal?

or that you think it might not be a real ITR bar?
that is the only thing I'm slightly worried about

I can tell from the pics that it is better quality than the cheapo ebay ones, but I have no way of verifying it's authenticity

its highly fake- its a copy. but, it's a fucking strut bar man... lol

frankly, the neuspeed bar is the one to get. it has better mounting points.

the bar in the first two pictures is the one that is supposed to be a real ITR

it looks alot more authentic based on the better looking quality of the mounting brackets.... but as I have never seen a real ITR strut bar I wouldn't know what they look like anyway

POS- do you any pics of your strut bar to compare them?

I know strut bars aren't incredibly crucial, and especially since I don't have one right now it will be good to have anything remotely decent in place but I just don't want to spend extra money for something that is supposed to be a real ITR part only to find out it's a crappy copy that I paid way too much for

I've been keeping an eye out for used neuspeed bars as well, I don't really want to spend much over $50

edit: in this post 'POS' = pissedoffsol and not "piece of shit"

I found this pic of the JDM ITR rear tower bar on 'inlinefour.com'

jdmdc2rtball.jpg

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 21 2003, 12:38 PM
that pic is of a rear tower bar

yeah, I wasn't able to find a pic of a JDM ITR front bar

if anyone has one or a pic of a USDM ITR front bar I'd appreciate if you would post it. I just don't want to get scammed on this

thanks POS

that looks the same as the mount bracket on this one
aa_1.JPG

that is the one that I found for $60
and I know it's easy enough to get a bunch of the "integra type R" stickers and slap them on a look a like but the the mount brackets seem to be what sets the men apart from the boys
and the picks of the one I might buy looks like the genuine brackets

thanks for the thoughts guys

Back