JDM ITR Head on B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RFHOMI2U

Ok, I'm helping my friend with his B16A in a 4th gen Hatch. He just impulse purchased a $2,000 head off of eBay. It's a BRAND NEW JDM ITR head right from Honda that comes with EVERYTHING. We have intentions of putting this on sometime this winter. We have a couple quesitons about this -

- What kind of power can we be expecting?

- How will this compare to his current track time of 14.9 1/4 ?

- What kind of compression ratio will he be looking at?

- Can we use the same ECU?

- What headgasket to use?

- Will he have to upgrade the fuel system?

Current mods to his B16A include:

i/h/e, V-AFC, Spoon Spec chipped PR3 ECU

Any sugesstions on what to look into or what we will have to do for install would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hmmm. he paid 2G's for cams and springs (ITR and B16 are the same head cast) not to good a deal brand new or not. Use the B16 or ITR head gasket, and the ECU he is running his B16 with.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 7 2003, 01:14 PM
Hmmm. he paid 2G's for cams and springs (ITR and B16 are the same head cast) not to good a deal brand new or not. Use the B16 or ITR head gasket, and the ECU he is running his B16 with.

I agree. ITR head is mildly p & p. but still .....

This should produce a lot more power though right? Disregarding price, is it a good idea? c'mon, I need positive thoughts!!!

If it was a 160 HP B16a, expect 170-175 at the most if you aren't using an ITR intake manifold especially.

2000 for 10-15 hp pretty bad....

i'll give ya some idea, i knwo a guy all type r internals, cam gears, on a b16...made 180whp, 116lbs of tourqe, i/h/e as well...oh type r intake mani as well....

Back