Jdm Itr Header And A Four Door Teg Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, Im just wondering, Ive heard that the J-spec ITR Header is a very good header to use because of the 2.5 inch collector. Now If I do get this header, and an aftermarket exhaust what if anything would have to be done to the exhaust to prepare for the header. I have a four door integra GSR so I know if I do get an aftermarket exhaust, more than likely its going to have to be modified anyways, not many teg sedan exhausts out there, and on another note, I was looking at either the Tanabe Racing medallion, or the Skunk2, the skunk2 comes in a sedan model. But just the same, looking for opinions.

Intake -> Engine -> Header -> Catalytic Converter -> Exhaust

You most likely would have to modify your catalytic converter's flange to fit the larger collector. The exhaust system shouldn't have anything to do with it, unless you're getting a header that's got longer runners which go past the stock cat mount location, or if you're bolting a custom exhaust straight to the header and not using a cat.

you'd have to modify it no matter what car you have, unless you have a JDM ITR. Its not a direct bolt-on onto any car, even my friends with ITR's had to custom fit it to the flange.

i have the JDM ITR header.... yes you have to modify the cat to make everything fit

Fuck cats, I say intake, engine, header, test pipe, exhaust....................if you are nervous about the popo then get your cats skeleton welded to your test pipe.

Milan

i agree with JDMilan.... the less resriction the better.....plus cats are over rated....plus if your car is low enough the cop isnt gonna be able to tell ....

some high flow cats will out flow a test pipe. A.Tao's does as dyno tested. That, and they save the air a little bit.
plus, it makes it legal.

Back