JDM ITR Header fitment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

Hi,
For my birthday I got a JDM ITR header. Its going on a 91 integra with a b16 swap, and I was hopeing I dont have to cut and weld and lengthen/shorten it. Does anyone know how this fits? I have 2.5 inch race cat in already, which is stock length. let me know....

if the header side of the cat is flared out large enough for a 2.5" header then you should be alright., but it might still need to be modified enough, if it's not already, you will really have to see for yourself. the length should be good too. the only thing i would be worried about is the weight of the header. the header is pretty heavy and the stock lower header bracket wont work. the one from the JDM header wont work either since it will only work on the 1.8L engines. you could just leave it hang, but if it were me, i would want something to support it more.

mine is just hanging but the braket on the header doesnt match with my gsr engine. sorry for asking but is it safe to just let it bolt to the head without that braket holding it up? what problems can it cause?

Originally posted by highperboi@Apr 6 2004, 11:01 PM
mine is just hanging but the braket on the header doesnt match with my gsr engine. sorry for asking but is it safe to just let it bolt to the head without that braket holding it up? what problems can it cause?

you have the JDM ITR 4-1 header on your GSR engine? if so, basically you have weight that is unsupported. and can move with a little bit of play while the car runs and moves. over time its possible for that to create too much stress on the welds on the flange at the head that it wasnt designed to take, possible causing failure. if i were you i would look for a JDM ITR 4-1 lower header bracket. they are about 25 bucks depending on where you get it from and its worth the extra stability. and since you have the gsr engine it will all bolt up, i know mine did when i installed my JDM ITR 4-1 header on my GSR engine, and mine had absolutley NO play and is extremely solid.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Apr 6 2004, 10:36 PM-->
highperboi
@Apr 6 2004, 11:01 PM

you have the JDM ITR 4-1 header on your GSR engine? if so, basically you have weight that is unsupported. and can move with a little bit of play while the car runs and moves. over time its possible for that to create too much stress on the welds on the flange at the head that it wasnt designed to take, possible causing failure. if i were you i would look for a JDM ITR 4-1 lower header bracket. they are about 25 bucks depending on where you get it from and its worth the extra stability. and since you have the gsr engine it will all bolt up, i know mine did when i installed my JDM ITR 4-1 header on my GSR engine, and mine had absolutley NO play and is extremely solid.

going to disagree with you here, maybe after like 10 yrs this might come up as a problem but doubtful in the time he owns his car.

i said eventually it COULD happen. if it were my car i would not want to take the chance. i was just pointing it out. Honda put it there for a reason, so why mess with it.

to cycloneb18c3: with a B16 you wont be able to use any stock brackets, i would at least try to make a bracket that would work, but thats just me.

my rear mount on my ls header didnt match up to the b16 bracket, so I took a piece of 3/8 steel and cut it and drilled holes and extended the b16 bracket down to bolt up to the LS header. I could make another one if it dosent work on the itr header.

Well i have a dc 4-1 header on my da with a b16 and i had to notch my crossmember 2 inch's deep and a few inch's across. And i know for a fact that the jdm itr header comes out away from the block even more then the dc.

Well its your crossmember. With my us dc it wasent too bad, but with the jdm itr header, or copys of it. They seem to stick out more then i would want to cut.

Back