JDM ITR Header : worth it,or overhyped??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

i just got a quick question..on this website,i see a lot of people running the ITR header on their b18 motors,but a lot of people had mixed reviews..some like the performance gained from it..and some people say two distinct things :

"the collector pipe is smaller than all the other aftermarket headers u can buy"

and

"It rusts like a bitch."

now the collector pipe thing is the only thing that bothers me,but im not asking if the ITR header is the best header on the market...im asking if the ITR header is a good header to get if i have the funds..or should i be looking at another header??

The collector is larger than most any of the garbage headers available. And yes, it will rust a little bit, but it is just a protective sort of surface rust and it will never rust through. I have had heat wrap on mine for years and it is fine. YEs, the ITR header is a good header for $300 IMO. Just clean the welds up at the head flange and trim out the double wall thing in the collector and it is good to go.

a) Gains are good with some work (port match to head, weld outside for strength)

B) Factory look

c) Skid plates are available

Yes, the header will rust a little, but it is stainless steel. Very strong and looks good. For the money, it's worth it.

what about the ones they sell on ebay t that are a replcia but they are black, they come with the same places incase u want to use heat sheilds and all

another question...i got 2'25 inch catback exhaust....the header collector is 2'5''..and it says if i get a new cat,thats gonna have to be 2'5'' too...so what will happen,when i go to put the header and the cat on...and my exhaust piping is smaller than the inlets and outlets on my header and cat?? is it gonna present a big problem?

Originally posted by CRXSI91@Feb 28 2005, 10:41 AM
another question...i got 2'25 inch catback exhaust....the header collector is 2'5''..and it says if i get a new cat,thats gonna have to be 2'5'' too...so what will happen,when i go to put the header and the cat on...and my exhaust piping is smaller than the inlets and outlets on my header and cat?? is it gonna present a big problem?
[post=467092]Quoted post[/post]​

uppin for an answer to my Q.

no,Just cut and weld in a new piece to fit the flanges. What ever shop is doing this will find a way to work with it.

actually a lot of shops dont have the proper piece. all you need is the 2.5 flange and have it welded to your piping or cat. you can get the piece on jhpusa.com, passwordjdm.com and other places like that.

Back