JDM itr idles too high!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daddymax

Ok here's the situation. I have 99 spec JDM ITR motor in my EK. Now I have a 97 JDM ITR ecu, and a 99 JDM ITR ecu..

I'd rather use teh 99, because it's the right one for my engine.... but with that one I don't have fast Idle. It seems to idle too low when teh motor in cold. But when it heats up it ilde perfect. I can adjust the idle screw and set it perfect. but only when it's warm.

Now I have the 97 ECU aswell, and I like this one, because the fast idle seems to work. When it's cold it idles at 1500 like normal, but when it warms up it goes down to only 1100 rpm. And when I screw around with the idle screw it goes down, but then goes back up to around 1100.

Anybody have any input? I set the idle with the service conector jumped.... And when I tried to set the idle with the IAVC unpluged, the rpm dropped, then I set it at about 550, the plugged it back it, and it jumps up to 1500 (while engine warm) and kinda backfires a bit.

Any help appreciated!

thanks in advance

the ecus should be the same thing.. next to nothing changed ecu wise between those years of the itr...

try reading the article section, there is one in there on fixing an erratic idle

Back