JDM ITR rear brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

abdelsol

I did a JDM ITR rear disk swap a while ago (project car). Had the whole thing powder coated, polys installed and assembly. Much to my stupidity and surprise the lug pattern is 114.3 x 4.

I need a 100 X 4. It was suggested that I try a GRS hub. I ordered one and it came with th ABS gear, twice. That aside the spindle diameter is the same, hub location is the same and the pilot is the same.

The difference is the spindle length difference. The JDM ITR spindle and bearing is about 10mm longer.

So, is there a part that has the longer bearing with the 100 x 4 lug?

Please do not suggest buy different rims. There is a brand new set of SSR competions dieing to get mounted....lol.

I am not sure if there is a way to put integra spindles on the jdm ITR rear trailing arms. one easy way to do it is have a machine shop drill you a 4x100mm lug pattern and then run integra rear rotors.

you cant run regular integra rotors cause they are too small. to the best of my knowledge, JDM ITRs have larger rear brakes then the rest of the integras

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jul 20 2005, 11:08 PM
you cant run regular integra rotors cause they are too small. to the best of my knowledge, JDM ITRs have larger rear brakes then the rest of the integras
[post=529274]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, that's the whole point of having the JDM ITR's is for the bigger brakes.

I don't think there's any easy way (if any way at all) to make 4x100's work, dude. Other than buying new wheels.

Okay, I believe there is not a hub that has the larger bearing package with the 100 x 4. So my options are:

Scrap rear end and star over...... not going to happen to much time and money invested.

Buy GSR trailing arms, pull the spindles remount. Seams like an like a lot of work.

Machine current hubs to a 100 X 4 pattern. This is a strong possibility. I have some concerns about this option.
1. There are bosses on the back side of the hub flange, so rotating the hole pattern would put the new lug location in a thinner weaker spot....yuk.
2. Weld the holes and remachine. Material will be the key here. I am not overly keen on altering the hub like that.
3. Use GSR hubs and create a spacer that pilots the spindle and clears the hub ID. I lose the larger bearing set up but save everything else.
4. Replace the SSR Comps I have. Not happening. I like the weight and look of these not to mention that the price was reasonable.
5. Create a ring detail for the back side of the hubs that will hole the new lug postion. buty longer lugs. make existing holes in the hub lager and pilot on them.

Any other ideas? comments? What am I missing?

have you already bought the rear brakes and all that. If not, I say sell the rear trailing arms and buy some integra ones.

Back