jdm itr swap into 95 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

breed

whats up, I'm swapping a 98 jdm itr motor which is obd2 into my 95 civic hatch si.
Now my question is about the wiring, since it's obd2 engine going into an obd1 car i already bought the obd1 to obd2 wiring harness. but i need to know what other wiring needs to be done and how to do it? please let me know. thanks

u can keep evrything obd1 just get a new distributor from obd1 series car like a obd1 gsr and so onbut it must be from a dohc vtec motor. just use a chipped si computer with type r spec dont use obd2 it sucks

or use obd2 gsr engine harness, plugs into your firewall obd1 harness. and you can keep the obd2 devices on the motor.
BTW:
is that an ecu jumper harness you have? if so, sell it and get the gsr engine harness for cheaper

yeah it's a obd 1 to obd 2 jumper. I want to convert to obd1 but i dont have the money right now and the swap is already in the car. I just want to get it running till i can come up with the money to convert it. plus it's my only car and i need it to get around till i can get my ecu chipped.

i was saying it would have been cheaper for you to keep all your obd1 stuff, keep the devices on the motor obd2 and just use an obd2 gsr engine harness. they are usually cheaper than the ecu jumper harnesess.

Originally posted by 7thgen01@Oct 24 2003, 07:19 AM
keep the obd1 harness, get the conversion harness, use obd1 injectors, rewire the distributor

see, that is just much more work, why not get the gsr obd2 engine harness for $125, you dont have to rewire shit, it plugs right into the harness coming from the firewall.

Back