jdm j1 tranny speed sensor questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

agifoto

hey guys i'm putting my car back together after not seeing it for about 3 years and i cant remember for the life of me what the two lines coming out of my speed sensor do.

as it stands its a 89 crx si with a jdm b16a motor and a j1 transmission. all i need is those two lines and everything else is done.

is it safe to just cap them off?
where do they go if not?
what kind of fluid is in them?

never mind i found it on the 8th page of my search. they hook up to the power steering system so i just have to fill it with fluid and loop the hoses back around to eachother since i have no power steering. thanks anyways guys.

cheers

okay... what about has anyone ever installed a phantom grip lsd?
if so was the bar still in the axle shaft hole or would that be gone? because i took it to a shop and had them rebuild the tranny as well as put that in for me but I cant tell if they put it in or ripped me off...

okay... what about has anyone ever installed a phantom grip lsd?
if so was the bar still in the axle shaft hole or would that be gone? because i took it to a shop and had them rebuild the tranny as well as put that in for me but I cant tell if they put it in or ripped me off...

Can see straight through? LSD! Can see a bar? No LSD :(

Jack the car up and spin one wheel if you don't have it apart. If they both move the same, LSD!

well we went up to the place that did the tranny work and they said they put it in and would verify it by taking it apart again for me. so i took them up on that offer and voila! it was in there even though the bar was still there. pretty strange. but hey. thats how it was engineered...

Back