1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jdm K20A in a 3g 1988-1991

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by david9er, Feb 11, 2008.

1. david9er

david9er New Member

I was wondering how compatible the K20a is with an 88 prelude, I'm not a fan of the B20a5 so I will ether go with the F20b or K20a but I have yet to see one in a 3Gen prelude. :confused:

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

probably like any other swap into an 88-91 prelude.. gonna have to be custom

3. david9er

david9er New Member

^I know that already, I have only heard of one that was attempted but it ended in failure due to ground clearance issues, but that was only word of mouth and I haven't been able to confirm or dismiss this story.

4. snoopyloopy

snoopyloopy New Member

i've seen pix of one sitting in an engine bay, but i heard that that's as far as it got and that it never actually ran. however, i've seen k20-powered 3g civics. so it should be possible if you have the money and don't have a time frame to have it done in any time soon.

5. eludethis

eludethis Junior Member

yes one was attempted. if you search the forums of preludepower.com you should find it. the thing about the 3g lude is the low hood line. have you noticed the motor leans towards the firewall? the k20 likes to sit straight up and down. if you can mount the k20 in the 3g at same angle the b20a5 sits without oiling issues then go for it. you still have to consider the angle of the axles too. not sure but i think if you can mount the k20 at b20a5 angle then the axle angles won't be much of an issue.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted