1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM K20A motor in a 92 accord?

Discussion in 'Accord' started by grndmstr16, Aug 31, 2006.

1. grndmstr16

grndmstr16 Guest

Would it be possible..... if so what would it take..... Would it be advisable..... I primarily want it for its horsepower rating and the i-vtec..... The h22a type s has the same hp but i leanin towards the k20a because there backed by jackson racing products..........?

2. SmokinH22CL

SmokinH22CL New Member

anything is possible with the right amount of money, and with that type of money i would just go with the h22a and build it IMO

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Guest

What do you mean they are "backed by Jackson Racing Products?" If you mean that Jackson makes a blower for it then the H22a Type-S is backed by Jackson Racing Products as well.

To answer your question, it probably will eventually be possible to swap K-series motors into the 90-93 Accord. Hasport already has a mount kit in production for the 94-97 models, and it is rumored that they will be coming out with a kit for the 4th-gen Accords as well.

As of right now though, nobody makes a mounting kit or conversion harness so if you want K-series power in your CB7, then it would need to be a fully customized job. You'd probably be better off with an H22 and turbo.

4. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Boost the F22, cheaper and more power.

5. grndmstr16

grndmstr16 New Member

im not really into the whole turbo scene ( I know - I know ) so if the h22a can use the jackson racing supercharger and such then i might lean in that direction...... at least until hasport makes some mounts...... thanks if anybody else has anything else to add fell free its apreciated.

6. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

No turbo but a s/c, that makes sense........

7. alterdcreations

alterdcreations Member

i think hasport made a kit to mount it in a 94-97 accord.
    should beable to re fit to 1990-1993 with the change of one mount.
    i would do it if i can

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yeah that's what I was talking about in my post above. They haven't even released the 94-97 kit to the public yet though, so anything at this point would have to be a custom job.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted