1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jdm Mirror Install Help Please

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by lohonda, May 19, 2003.

1. lohonda

lohonda Member

I have tried searching the internet with multiple search engines and all I have been able to find was how to install the jdm mirrors on a civic with power mirrors stock. I don't have power mirrors and I was wondering if anyone knew how to install them or had a link to a site that explains it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. sirkurtius

sirkurtius Member

what type of car do u have?
    and are your jdm mirrors the ones that fold in?

3. lohonda

lohonda Member

I have a 92 civic hatch dx. So I don't have power mirrors stock. Yes the jdm mirrors I have are the ones which fold in.

4. sirkurtius

sirkurtius Member

u may be in luck with 92 civic because some of the early models had the full wiring harness [si] installed in it because the harness came from japan and were not made to just certain models untill later 94+
    the easiest way to find out is to take the lower steering cover off and see if the plug for the switch is under the dash [it may be taped to the main wire harness] and if u find that or not then take off the door panel and see if the connector for the mirror is taped to a harness in the door.
    if u are wondering if u have such a harness there are a few things u can check such as do u have the stock clock that goes above the 4 way switch, if not, pop the plastic peice and see if a plug is there for the clock, another check is one that is nice if you have it, in the 92-95 hatch the rear speckers were a dealer option, they went in the side of the rear inner panel in the back seat. just pop of the the panel and reach down the hole and u might have the harness already installed in the car for the rear speakers

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted