JDM OBD1 b16a out of EK and into EG Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

solless

I recently totaled my 99 civic and I bought a 93 del sol s. I had a OBD1 JDM b16a swap in the civic and want to put it in the Sol now. Can I use the same axles and mounts as I used on the 99 civic or will I need to buy some that would be compatible with the Sol? Also i'm gonna put the D series motor out of the Sol back into my 99 Civic for the time being until i do something with it. So my question is the same in this situation, will I need different mounts and axles to get the Sol motor into my 99 Civic?? Thanks in advance.

why would you put a motor in a totaled car? you would use the b series axles and mounts from your civic. wiring should be pretty easy.

Del Sol mounts and Civic mounts are completely different...you should be able to keep the Sol mounts in the Sol and the Civic mounts in the Civic, though...

although I'd just sell the D-series from the Sol rather than putting it in a totaled car if I were you

i'm putting the d series in the totaled car because it's fixable which i will probably do at some point in time. Insurance totaled it cuz it has high mileage on the body and being a 99 dx model it's not worth alot to start with.

so civicious, you're saying i can use the d series mounts on the del sol to drop in the b16a? i didn't know i could use d series mounts on a b motor, and the same with b series mounts on a d motor.

I put a B16A in my 98 four-door using the stock D-series mounts a few years back...so I know it's possible

Back