JDM OBD1 DOHC ZC into 91 CRX HF mount problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MotionBlur1

Got a 92-95 OBD1 ZC from a JDM Civic, and am trying to swap it into my 91 Crx HF and am having issues with the rear mount not lining up, I haven't order any mount kits, but from what I gathered (since a B-series swap easily drops into a 92-95 Civic) getting a Mount kit, such as the HASPORT EFB2 kit (which is a EF civic to B-series mount), that this would alleviate my issues. I've fabricated a new rear mount (the part that mounts to the chassis w/ the bushing) but the whole engine seems to be sitting too far forward, and I don't want to cut up the rear tranny mount to move the engine back a couple inches.
The tranny is a hydro, and i would like some experienced knowledge to chime in before I go and waste $450 on mounts and a hydro conversion.

Am i thinking correct?

Yes, it's a D16. I know that. But the 92-95 Standard USDM Civics come w/ a D16 stock and from what I've read heere when it comes to swapping a ZC into a EG civic is "Why would you do that when a B-series engine will swap right in." So.. if a b-series will drop into a 92-95 civic w/o any problem wouldn't it have (relatively) the same mount confirguration as a 92-95 ZC?

Last edited:
yea.. i know.. but you kept mentioning b-series above, so i assumed thats what you thought it was..

it's cool. I'm just having bad luck with this I swap guess. Aren't ZC swaps supposed to be a cake walk? Lol Maybe i should just sell the HF rex and get an EG Civic so i'll have something for this motor will swap in

Back