1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM OBD1 DOHC ZC into 91 CRX HF mount problems

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by MotionBlur1, Mar 25, 2007.

1. MotionBlur1

MotionBlur1 New Member

Got a 92-95 OBD1 ZC from a JDM Civic, and am trying to swap it into my 91 Crx HF and am having issues with the rear mount not lining up, I haven't order any mount kits, but from what I gathered (since a B-series swap easily drops into a 92-95 Civic) getting a Mount kit, such as the HASPORT EFB2 kit (which is a EF civic to B-series mount), that this would alleviate my issues. I've fabricated a new rear mount (the part that mounts to the chassis w/ the bushing) but the whole engine seems to be sitting too far forward, and I don't want to cut up the rear tranny mount to move the engine back a couple inches.
    The tranny is a hydro, and i would like some experienced knowledge to chime in before I go and waste $450 on mounts and a hydro conversion.

Am i thinking correct?

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

FYI, a ZC isnt a b-series motor

3. MotionBlur1

MotionBlur1 New Member

Yes, it's a D16. I know that. But the 92-95 Standard USDM Civics come w/ a D16 stock and from what I've read heere when it comes to swapping a ZC into a EG civic is "Why would you do that when a B-series engine will swap right in." So.. if a b-series will drop into a 92-95 civic w/o any problem wouldn't it have (relatively) the same mount confirguration as a 92-95 ZC?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

yea.. i know.. but you kept mentioning b-series above, so i assumed thats what you thought it was..

5. MotionBlur1

MotionBlur1 New Member

it's cool. I'm just having bad luck with this I swap guess. Aren't ZC swaps supposed to be a cake walk? Lol Maybe i should just sell the HF rex and get an EG Civic so i'll have something for this motor will swap in

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted