JDM P13 vs USDM P13

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smarty009

ok...what the title says...is there a difference between a JDM P13 and a USDM P13...ive seen a lot of JDM ones, and I'll prollie go with the JDM one since i see so many...but i just need to know to be prepared, cuz i think the guy who did my swap was preparing for a USDM one...i dunno for sure though...let me know...thanks

as far as preparing goes there is nothing different the plugs are the same. The difference is that the jdm p13 is speed governed at 115 mph as are all jdm obd1 ecu's. the usdm does not have this speed governer. I would try to find a usdm virgin ecu. do yourself the favor and do not buy one with a chip already in it. It will make ur car run rich and shitty and get poor gas mileage.

thanks for the info...im running an auto tranny...does the p13 have to say for auto...or does it matter since ill have the p19 for the tranny?

You'll have to go JDM for auto tranny. H22 auto trannies didn't come to the US.

JDM ECU delivers a little more HP and a little less MPGs. You however, don't have much choice.

try ask oaska japanse auto parts inc. (514) 382 4333 they possible have JDM auto h22a transmission.. i got one from them

Back