jdm p72 ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

robtec

my friend just got a b18c,and it came with the original ecu a jdm p72,since he is planning on building the motor before droping it into his del sol.i want to try the ecu in my 95 ex, that ecu works with a d16z6??it would give a ny gain in power??or is just a waste of time??

note that my z6 is midly bulid,it has 11.5 cr,crower stage 2 cam,skuk im,i/h/e and a few other things.

i currently own a jdm b18c in my 95 civic ex. and it has a p72 ecu. So basically your asking how will your engine run on the fuel map given to a b18c under full throttle... I dont know. but since your car isnt stock, im sure it would be better off than the p72 on the stock engine..since the p72 (i think) redlines at 8,200, make sure you dont get that high, or that your motor can handle it..

thats all i got..

Originally posted by gsrchad@Jan 6 2004, 04:32 AM
i currently own a jdm b18c in my 95 civic ex. and it has a p72 ecu. So basically your asking how will your engine run on the fuel map given to a b18c under full throttle... I dont know. but since your car isnt stock, im sure it would be better off than the p72 on the stock engine..since the p72 (i think) redlines at 8,200, make sure you dont get that high, or that your motor can handle it..

thats all i got..

thanks,anyway.my friend try the ecu on a stock del sol si,and it sucks,since he can't take advantage of the p72 redlines and maps,but i think it would work fine in my car.i will go to the dyno next week,i will test that ecu versus the p72.hope it makes power,so i can enjoy more the last days of my d series. B)

Back