1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jdm P72 Vs Usdm P72

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by SnailOnARampage, Feb 20, 2003.

1. SnailOnARampage

SnailOnARampage Senior Member

I bought a totalled integra, b18c and all for 1200 bucks. The engine has 100k miles on it, but is missing the valve cover and the ECU. I need to get an the ecu for it soon, and need to know how a JDM p72 will work with it. I Know I will be able to use a JDM p72, but will it make it run rich or really screw up the emissions?

As far as the shape of the engine goes, I might have to replace the headgasket, or even rebuild it if i dont like the compression numbers. Either way its a steal. Its going in the sol in 3 weeks.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

the major diffrance is that the JDM ecus are all limited at around 115-118 mph, I am sure that the emmissions is a little diffrance but i cant be sure. Major thing is the speed govt.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

good find dude.
    yeah- find an obd1 p72. I'd really try to find a USDM one, just because its a better ecu. like colin said- no low-ass speed limiter, and its designed for it on top of all things.
    if you are having trouble finding one, let me know- im surei can find one somewhere for you.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted