JDM RSX type S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just want to know if there is a JDM RSX type S And dont give me the "yah, the Type R" No sHi, But I just need to be sure there isnt a sub model or something, I need to know that They dont seel Rsx type S in japan, becuase me and my friend are wondering, and we want this put to rest, in japan does it go RSX type R, Type S, then the automatic one, and in the us there is only the Type S and the automatic one?, is there a JDM RSX TYPE-S ? also what is an A-spec RSX? if you can clear this up for me it would be great

There is not a JDM RSX Type S. There is not an RSX in Japan, they still call it the Integra. Now if you want to know about the motor, from what I have seen coming over to this country from Japan shows no evidence of a motor that has the exact internals as our "type S." I have seen the type R motors coming in and a motor that is quite similar to the base model RSX/Civic SI motor. I would try and babble fish honda's website and see if you can decifer any further information.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Sep 2 2004, 11:11 AM-->
There is not a JDM RSX Type S. There is not an RSX in Japan, they still call it the Integra. Now if you want to know about the motor, from what I have seen coming over to this country from Japan shows no evidence of a motor that has the exact internals as our "type S." I have seen the type R motors coming in and a motor that is quite similar to the base model RSX/Civic SI motor. I would try and babble fish honda's website and see if you can decifer any further information.
[post=385227]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

asmallsol I believe it was cleared all this up in the EP/DC5 forum...

asmallsol

No, its the engines are very diffrent. Although how to do the swap is the same, the swaps themselves are diffrent. Basicly you can compare the two like what we had in 96. We had the GSR but no typeR. In Japan, they had the ITR. Now it is the same thing. The k20a2 has lower compression, less agressive valve springs, cams, ect. then the JDM K20a of the ITR. Also, the k20A'S transmission has an LSD. So no, the RSX-s is not called the ITR over in japan. Thats like saying the USDM 98 GSR = JDM 98spec ITR. There just not the same, and I am not even going into all the diffrences in the chassis, brakes ect. In japan, the JDM ITR comes with brembros, stiffer springs, stiffer shocks, stiffer/bigger antisway bars, has additonal reinforcements in the chassis, the normal ITR body mods and a bunch of other really cool stuff. They are not the same in any way.

Back