JDM SiR air filter element

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

olde phart

I've got a 'real' EF SiR airbox with all the ducting for my upcoming B16 swap in my Civic......but I can't find a replacement element for the damned thing to save my soul....and the one in it has NO numbers or anything on it. I've gone through dimension catalogs, etc....and can't find one the right size. If anyone could help me out on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jim

Hmmm. Try again.

That K & N number is for the filter that my Civic currently uses.....this JDM element is narrower and longer......still has one corner lopped off like the Si/DX element.

That's weird. Only other P/N I've seen is 33-2047 but that looks more squared.

This is the 2061 I've seen: Civic Wagon B20 Mods - K&N Intake, JDM ITR Header, Custom 2.5" exhaust

kn-33-2061-ef9-filter.jpg

33-2061.JPG

Specs from K&N website:
33-2061 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter
Part 33-2061 Product Specifications Product Style: Unique Air Filters
Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
Flanges: None
Height: 1.188 in (30 mm)
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 0.66 oz (20 ml)
Inner Wire: No
Outside Length: 9.875 in (251 mm)
Outside Width: 6.563 in (167 mm)
Top Style: Open
Weight: 1.3 lb (0.6 kg)
Product Box Length: 7.72 in (196 mm)
Product Box Width: 1.75 in (44 mm)
Product Box Height: 13.56 in (345 mm)

After a little more research, I'm not so sure the K & N is the wrong one......I'm thinking that the cross reference information is wrong..... I'd ordered the Wix/NAPA counterpart (same filter-just change the first two numbers). K & N's cataloged dimensions don't match the dimensions from the Wix numerical listing. The three distributors that I deal with at the shop that can get K & N can't even order that number....even though it goes in their systems. That tells me that it probably IS the "from across the pond" one.

Gonna' try to get a Honda p/n for the oem element.....and work backwards offa' that. I'd hate to order the K & N one off eBay (at about $64 + shipping from England) and have it be wrong.

I've gone through the same sorta' shit with 'grey market' Mercedes-Benz cars back when I had hair......especially SL's with engine combinations that were never imported to the US.....and the dealers were no help.

That's what I was trying to say before; it looks like the other filters it references to; Wix, Fram, etc. are the stock 88-91 USDM filters; but the Honda P/N does not match those and most likely the K&N is the only one that matches that Honda P/N. Searching just the Honda P/N though, it pulls up websites from other countries.

Back