JDM swap forum???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

muzeii

I'm new, but i've been pretty active in searching this web page and trying to post responses in the past month and i've noiced that JDM info is rare here (and everywhere else).

If anyone has ever attempted to swap a true JDM motor they know it's not so easy as it sounds (especially if you have to make do because you can't find that perfect wire harness or you have to wire a different Vtec system than all other USD engines, and things like that). Nor are JDM swap related questions easy to answer or have answered by other members.

I would just like to suggest that maybe a JDM section be added to this site. I don't know where to post this question or who to ask so i'm just gonna post it here. I think it would be a great asset to this site,....as long as it stayed to JDM stuff. Anyhow in support i would picture post and do a write up of my recent swap to start it off.

What do you all think?

it's extremely easy to find swap information on this website. swaps are very easy to do. it's only a couple wires to add vtec. If you search the reference section, you will see what i mean.

I'm not saying its hard to find info on swaps.....just JDM swaps. Have you ever done a JDM swap? particularly obd2 to obd1 applications?

Like for example if your not lucky enough to come across a obd2 96 Integra GSR harness thats compatible with obd1 shock tower plugs, for your obd2 Jdm B series swap, it becomes kinda difficult, there is no info in the reference section on how to handle this, most atricles just say find the gsr harness.

Or what if your swapping the enigne into an eg vx with 5 wire o2, the harness you end up using is a 1 wire o2 (old integra), and your trying to use a chipped p28ecu that wants a 4 wire o2. I came across this problem and had to mend together four different refference articles on o2 sensor wiring to figure it out :) ....thought i would make a post about it actually. (i'm not nit picking just showing that b/c of how my swap ended up going i came across weirdness that doesn't usually happen)

Just saying weird stuff seems to happen with jdm swaps and from reading other people's jdm posting questions i'm not the only one.

I just thought it would be nice to have a JDM section b/c the engines and tech are different, not saying this page sucks or doesn't have enough info.

I just thought it would be nice to have a JDM section b/c the engines and tech are different, not saying this page sucks or doesn't have enough info.

there is no difference between the 2.. other than JDM motors have higher compression and lack certain emission equipment

and they also lack sensors such as vtec pres and an iat. (plus the evap and egr solenoids with the previous mention of emissions stuff). They just aren't as plug and play as usd motors. Like wiring for JDM vtec doesn't need to be confused with or posted with wiring for USD vtec, I know it's simple stuff but why not make it clear.

Plus everyone who has responded to my comment here has been on this site for a long time, so i'm assumeing you know what to do, but what about all of the people who are uneducated in the matter? Isn't that what this web page was made for?

I suppose I stand corrected, i just thought it would be useful to have a jdm forum/refference section, seems like it could've help out as well as organized the info on the page a bit more.

a b-series swap is a b-series swap.. no matter if its JDM or USDM..

Back