1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jdm swap question

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Skydive2144, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Skydive2144

Skydive2144 New Member

iv done a gsr swap into a civic before but it was a usdm motor. if going with a jdm motor is their any differences? iv heard that the motor wire harness is differnt and the plugs the plug into the cars harness at the shock towers are on the opposite sides. is this true? how do you go about fixing that? do you have to but a usdm gsr harnenss?

2. Skydive2144

Skydive2144 New Member

oh and one more question. is it really worth the extra 200 bucks to go with the lsd tranny? what exactly is the difference

3. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

JDM motors often do not have a knock sensor or a VTEC oil pressure sensor. You can swap the GSR harness onto the JDM motor, but obviously some connectors won't be used.

I don't know about the shock tower harness, but if you use a USDM engine harness on the new motor it should be plug and play. You will either need to use a JDM ecu, or your old ECU chipped to run without a knock sensor and/or VTEC oil pressure switch.

LSD trans are definately worth the $200, they allow for better traction both off the line or while moving through a corner.

4. dtob

dtob New Member

:werd:

No more peg leg.

5. Skydive2144

Skydive2144 New Member

i was going to use the jdm ecu. i just need to know what egine harness i need to use.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted