1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jdm type r. Alternator + harness problem ~HELP~

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by h22paul, May 6, 2010.

1. h22paul

h22paul New Member

ok so heres my issue. Doing a jdm type r swap into my 99 Integra
    I baught a 99spec (Stamped) JDM B18C Type R. It came with a 4 Prong alternator plug.

But im using a 1999 Integra LS engine harness. Which has a oval 3 Prong alternator plug in.

I will be using the JDM Type r ECU.

So heres what im thinking. Since i am using the jdm ecu, it will be reading 4 wires. If i buy a 3 pin alternator to fit my 99 LS harness, it wouldnt run properly.

Has anyone ever ran into this problem or know a solution to this?
    Also thinking of cutting and wireing the 4 prong plug from the jdm harness i have and putting it on my 99 LS harness than running the last wire to the ecu. But do all 4 wires go to the ecu and what pins would they be?
    Also what does each wire do that would help me.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

not sure why you pasted the same thing 3 times.... fixed.

The easiest thing to do is to simply buy a 96-00 gsr alternator from autozone/etc. the jdm itr is the only odd-ball alternator for some reason on the b-series. saves a ton of wiring hassels as you can just plug in your ls harness into it. Just make a mental note of the plug befor eyou go shopping and look at the alt in the store to make sure it looks correct that it will plug in.
Draft saved Draft deleted