jdm type r. Alternator + harness problem ~HELP~

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22paul

ok so heres my issue. Doing a jdm type r swap into my 99 Integra
I baught a 99spec (Stamped) JDM B18C Type R. It came with a 4 Prong alternator plug.

But im using a 1999 Integra LS engine harness. Which has a oval 3 Prong alternator plug in.

I will be using the JDM Type r ECU.

So heres what im thinking. Since i am using the jdm ecu, it will be reading 4 wires. If i buy a 3 pin alternator to fit my 99 LS harness, it wouldnt run properly.

Has anyone ever ran into this problem or know a solution to this?
Also thinking of cutting and wireing the 4 prong plug from the jdm harness i have and putting it on my 99 LS harness than running the last wire to the ecu. But do all 4 wires go to the ecu and what pins would they be?
Also what does each wire do that would help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure why you pasted the same thing 3 times.... fixed.

The easiest thing to do is to simply buy a 96-00 gsr alternator from autozone/etc. the jdm itr is the only odd-ball alternator for some reason on the b-series. saves a ton of wiring hassels as you can just plug in your ls harness into it. Just make a mental note of the plug befor eyou go shopping and look at the alt in the store to make sure it looks correct that it will plug in.

Back