jdm type-r tranny fluid?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sko0terMan

hey i was wondering if anyone here knows what type of fluid the jdm type-r lsd tranny takes. I thought that it took normal gear oil but when i went to drain it it was dark red. I am a little stumped with what kind of fluid it takes. I think the trans is a s80

Honda MTF for me... but that's just personal preference. I've heard nothing but good things about GM Synchromesh Friction Modified though.

just go to your local GM (General Motors) dealership and ask for 3 quarts of Synchromesh Friction Modified .. you'll only use 2.5 quarts though ..

i work at a ford dealer and we carry it but the weight we have is 75w-90. I didnt know if it was the same weight though

i just didnd know if the stuff we have here at work will work

I use 10w-30 motor oil in my D15B Vtec tranny.

well i went from the synchromesh to honda mtf in my GSR tranny it felt way stickier with teh honda mtf..

I don't know what type was in my old tranny but it was red. Then I used 10w-30 O'Reilly's oil for the d15b tranny and it doesn't feel nearly as salty as before it feels smooth now. Then again I don't even know what the old tranny went through before I bought it.

I swear by O'Reilly's 10w-30. Lol j/k I'm still not sure I mean it IS oreillys it was meant to be temporary but it feels really nice I'll probably stick with it.

And when my dad asked me what I put in the tranny he freaked when I told him 10w-30 motor oil lmao. He's like "Are you crazy?! You'll blow the seals get some transmission fluid now!!" I was like no, that's what everyone puts in their Civic tranny and it feels fine. My shop teacher said that too, but after hearing him call it "E-tec" showing that he is obviously ignorant of Hondas I was like..."Nah I'm good."

Back