JDM Type R Whole car $7500 bad idea?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tucker8235

I found a JDM Acura integra Type R for $7500 on www.flashoptions.com. I want to buy a integra ls and swap over from the R: the motor, brakes, wheels, and suspension. I will sell the rest of the car. Anybody heard of this company and if they are any good? Does this sound very doable or is there a better price/way to get a type r motor, brakes, wheels, and suspension? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When you orer from Flashoptions, you pay, then they ship it over on a boat, takes forever. I have heard of people waiting up to six months for a motor from those bastards. And here's another thing, unless htey changed their shipping process, it goes to a port, and then from there you are responsible for picking it up, and getting it back home. Now, if you are talking about a whole running car, you are going to have some serious paperwork, and funding, since it is going to a port, it will have to go to an importer, and they don't release them till they have been EPA'ed and DOT'ed. You COULD have it sent as two complete halves, and that would eliminate the importing process, as it would just be parts, but then you would be lacking the chassis to sell later, and some stuff would b destroyed.

look at the picture where the interior and then with the whole car. that thing is cut in half already. they are just selling the front clip and some other parts. not a whole car.

Actually, I am changing my story. That really isn't a great deal

ITR swap 4500 complete
ITR seats $1200
five lug conversion with rims $1,300

$7000
steering wheel, HIDs, other stuff $400-$1000

So at the most $8000, and thats going off normal prices, and you'd be going through the hassle of dealing with an overseas importer, and I didn't see free shipping on that one.

heard some bad things too about flash options. i dunno man is it really worth it? your going to spend about 8 k total i hope if you do order it that it comes then i can see it being worth it.

It says +nothings missing+ look at the picture of the pasenger side (left side)....looks like everything is missing....unless THEY took it out... :blink:

HOLY CRAP.....THEY F'D THAT CAR UP!!!......The hood, doors, wheels, trunk...damn they hit it all.....and it doesnt look random..its like they tried hard to do a bad job..lol....poor guy...probably drive a 5.0 mustang after this... :puke:

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 17 2004, 04:07 PM
Actually, I am changing my story. That really isn't a great deal

ITR swap 4500 complete
ITR seats $1200
five lug conversion with rims $1,300

$7000
steering wheel, HIDs, other stuff $400-$1000

So at the most $8000, and thats going off normal prices, and you'd be going through the hassle of dealing with an overseas importer, and I didn't see free shipping on that one.

Thanks for all the great feedback. It doesn't look like a good idea at all. Where can I get this 5 lug with rims for $1300 and a ITR swap for $4500? That sounds like the best idea.

ITR swap homotorsonline.com, or passwordjdm.com. For hte conversion, I'd check those places too, but I see them every other day on Honda-tech, theres one on jdmcivic.com right now for $900 for the brake conversion, and you can pick the rims up for between 400-600 with tires most of the time.

Originally posted by UDT@Feb 18 2004, 06:39 PM
sad to see them just chop shit up over there, makes me fuckin sick

As sad as it may be, it is the only legal way to import a whole car (and the parts that people really want) without a ton of legal issues, and money out the ass.

Back