JDM vs. USDM and Code 13 Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geoffrey

OK, I have Hondata installed on a Japanese P28 and is now in my 91 Civic EX with B18c and it is throwing a code 13 (PA atmospheric sensor).

My PA sensor is located on the passenger side kick panel and has always worked with the three diff. types of OBD 0 motors I have in the car, but now that I have gone OBD 1 with RYwire harness jumper I get a code 13.

Can the different origin of this P28 cause a false 13 reading or is there anything tricky like an internal ECU PA sensor like has been said from other ECUs?

umm, i think the Atmospheric pressure sensor is inside the ECU box on a P28, isnt it?

[quote name='pissedoffsol' date='Feb 7 2006, 01:43 AM' post='650796']
just disable it with the hondata... its a useless sensor anyway.

Would that be with the laptop, or is there another way to do it?

yes, with the laptop, on the hondata program for your tune, you can simply check a box to disable that sensor, among others

[quote name='pissedoffsol' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:04 AM' post='650840']
yes, with the laptop, on the hondata program for your tune, you can simply check a box to disable that

OOOps, there is a bit of a trick - the connector cable that goes btwn the Hondata box and the laptop does not fit and have to buy an adapter box to fit to the computer for a cheap 139.00

So will have to post the results from that prolly friday.

what do you mean it doesn't fit? its a serial port.
if your laptop doesn't have a serial port, get a keyspan usb-> serial adapter. they are like 35 bucks

[quote name='pissedoffsol' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:19 PM' post='651826']
if your laptop doesn't have a serial port, get a keyspan usb-> serial adapter. they are like 35 bucks

The serial port on the Hondata "blue box" is two row and laptops are three rows so got that adapter piece as it is necessary. The two row are achaic (old) now.

[quote name='RubyII' date='Feb 9 2006, 09:40 PM' post='652078']
[quote name='pissedoffsol' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:19 PM' post='651826']

The serial port on the Hondata "blue box" is two row and laptops are three rows so got that adapter piece as it is necessary. The two row are achaic (old) now.

PS My P28 is European and according to tech line at Hondata does not even have a baro sensor! (It must still be defeated with the software as you said).

ummm 3-row serial port? I'm A+ certified and i've never seen such a thing.

lol thats probably for an external monitor.....

serial port:
9pinserial.jpg

monitor port:
350191530.jpg

key span usb-> serial adapter:
http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19HS/

gr-PrdSht-USA19HSsm.jpg

[quote name='pissedoffsol' date='Feb 10 2006, 01:53 PM' post='652338']
ummm 3-row serial port? I'm A+ certified and i've never seen such a thing.

lol thats probably for an external monitor.....

serial port:
9pinserial.jpg

monitor port:
350191530.jpg

key span usb-> serial adapter:

Yea that would be it, it uses the two rows. Sorry not too up on the computer terminology. Will report back if anyone cares probably Monday if I can get to it.

When I get the sensors list to drop down, no place to check off which to get rid of even though it can be highlighted.....?The only download that seems to be close on their site (Hondata) is for Hondalogger, can it be done off of this?

Back