JDM Wiring Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joe42069

:angry:

Hello. I have a 1994 Honda Civic. I'm swaping my motor for a JDM GSR with a Type R ECU. I have a ecu adaptor, and a sub harness for the Vtec and other sensors. Because my engine is JDM my wiring is backwards (the plugs on both ends of the engine harness). I want to kept my engine looking clean and not have one hundred extra wires all around. My question is:

Can I use a US spec GSR engine harness instead of the JDM harness, and will the plugs be on the correct sides?

Get the GSR harness for your year motor, it plugs right into the Civic, absolute easiest way. Other than that you'd need to provide engine year so we know what you're working with.

And why use the ITR ECU, it won't open the GSRs IABs, and you'll lose power.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 15 2005, 01:09 AM
[post=487065]Quoted post[/post]​

I think the secondary IM butterfly valve is OPEN by default, and the ECU closes it when it starts up.. so if the ECU doesnt look for it, it will remain in the OPEN position.

Alternatively, you can dissable the solenoid and have it open (mannually) permanently.

but the GSR IM is not very well optimised for high-RPM, so I'd look into swapping it out anyway. You can modify an ITR manifold, or alternatively source a Skunk2 manifold (etc) which has both sets of holes drilled for either B18C's.

Originally posted by VTEChnique+May 1 2005, 12:16 PM-->
@Apr 15 2005, 01:09 AM
[post=487065]Quoted post[/post]​

I think the secondary IM butterfly valve is OPEN by default, and the ECU closes it when it starts up.. so if the ECU doesnt look for it, it will remain in the OPEN position.

Alternatively, you can dissable the solenoid and have it open (mannually) permanently.

but the GSR IM is not very well optimised for high-RPM, so I'd look into swapping it out anyway. You can modify an ITR manifold, or alternatively source a Skunk2 manifold (etc) which has both sets of holes drilled for either B18C's.
[post=493576]Quoted post[/post]​

Even so, if it isn't closing you'll lose on the bottom, if it isn't opening , you'll lose on the top, exactly why you want it to open and close, or not exist at all. Skunk2 IM, problem solved.

Back