1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM YSK1 tranny...??

Discussion in 'Parts: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by audioguru76, Dec 11, 2004.

1. audioguru76

audioguru76 Junior Member

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

what's the going rate for jdm ysk1 (gsr with lsd) hydro trannys? i can't find any for sale so i can't compare pricing. I've got a buddy trying to sell me a swap that includes one of these, but my car is cable. so i figured i'd just get the swap, sell the tranny, buy cable tranny, and have some $ left over (depending on what the gsr trans is worth of course).

you guys have any ideas, seen any sell lately...i've been watching ebay and all the classifieds i can find...are these THAT rare?

BTW- if the trans is worth a decent amount, and i can work out the deal for the swap, it will be for sale.

thanks

Ben

2. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

I wouldn't value a JDM GSR LSD tranny much more than an USDM GSR tranny with a OEM (CTR/ITR) LSD in it. They are both used trannies. The only other factor would be if that LSD was some interesting good aftermarket one (Quaiffe, Cusco etc..).

Edit: nfn15037 just told me that the JDM GSR's tranny has a clutch type LSD in it.... so better and more aggressive than the CTR/ITR helical ones.... if you drive it hard, it will wear out and it won't be able to be rebuilt. And still, a used tranny is a used tranny and like buying a pig in a poke. In conclusion, it's a good tranny, but don't go nuts over the rare JDM factor of it imo.

3. audioguru76

thanks for the replies guys, that's what i was wondering. and don't worry, i'm not going crazy over the JDM rarity factor, i'd just as soon keep my d series if this wasn't such a good deal. i just haven't been able to put a value on the trans in my own mind yet.

thanks again

Ben

4. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Well I don't know how aggressive it is. It all depends on how Honda set the cam profile in the clutch packs, which I would imagine is pretty conservative. You could concievably rebuild it, but where do you find clucth plates for a JDM OEM LSD in the US?

5. audioguru76

yet another good point.

6. repoman

repoman Junior Member

do you still have the hydro tranny ill trade you a cable tranny and 150 for it

7. civicboy1128

civicboy1128 civicboy1128

If you still have the hydro tranny i will give you 650 shipped for it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted