Jdm z/c troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

intheearlyhours

Ok i know you guys know my car and its problems by now but ill update whats going on now. Ok i got a 91 civic hatch with a jdm zc dohc in it. Im having backfiring problems and my ECU is reading code 9 (number 1 cyl posi) I double checked the timing 3 times and actually just re did it to be sure. If i take the spark plug wire out of the number 1 it doesnt backfire at all just makes the car slow and sound like a lawnmower lol. Ok i know the wiring it correct from the dizzy and all that. And that sensor that also reads from code 9, when i unplug it while the car is running it makes no difference in the way the car sounds or idols. I checked the sensor to see if it had any power running through it and it does so its doing something maybe. I need some better input than what you guys keep telling me (timing and wire order) them 2 are not the problem now for sure. Please help.

Just because the sensor is getting power doesnt mean that it is no good. Swich it out with one that you know is good.

Get one off another car. One that you know works.

im not buying a sensor that i dont even know if its bad. And this damn jdm engine has so many different parts to match on it iw ouldnt know what car to say its for.

Back