Jdmcarboy harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmzc89

my friend bought the obd0 to 0bd1 harness from jdmcarboy for his jdm sohc zc. He sold the motor and I bought the shell, then I ended up buying the motor back. The guy ended up cutting like 4 wires and i'm not sure which one goes where. Its a 1989 dx civic hatchback with a P28 ecu. Does anyone on here happen to have the wireing diagram for it? Or can someone tell me which wires go where? My friend wired it up but he wont help me. He said that he added 2 injector wires and the 2 distributer wires I think those are the ones he cut from the harness. Please help I've looked and looked, I cant figure it out on my own.

my friend bought the obd0 to 0bd1 harness from jdmcarboy for his jdm sohc zc. He sold the motor and I bought the shell, then I ended up buying the motor back. The guy ended up cutting like 4 wires and i'm not sure which one goes where. Its a 1989 dx civic hatchback with a P28 ecu. Does anyone on here happen to have the wireing diagram for it? Or can someone tell me which wires go where? My friend wired it up but he wont help me. He said that he added 2 injector wires and the 2 distributer wires I think those are the ones he cut from the harness. Please help I've looked and looked, I cant figure it out on my own.
i bought that harness from JDM Carboy too. I threw the paper away last week but ill look at my wiring, your in luck my friend. its late right know but if you can wait untill monday ill let you know ok. for sure ^_^

Heck yes! thanks.
ok meing i tried my best to find the colors of the wires i did the wire tuck too tucked in that it was hella hard for me too take a look. but i got some info. try it at your own risk im not responsible if you set you car on fire. j/k.
Purple- Vtec presure switch black wire
Blue-i think it goes on the green wire on the O2 sencor
Green-AIB only for Gs-R's
3 Black Wires-Ground
2 Red Wires-Power one is for the AIB the other dont know
Orange-Knock Sencor
Yellow-with this wire you can get 1 out of the 3 ground black wires and do a toggle switch. this is to turn on your check engine light on and off.
Gray-Blue Black wire on Vtec
White-02

I wanted to ask you, if ZC motors dont need half of this stuff, why dont you just use the existing 0BD-0 harness and use a EF si ECU? that way you dont need to worry about the wiring. Anyways i hope this helps and good luck.^_^

well mine is a jdm sohc vtec motor with is obd1. I'll take a look today and see what I can do. Thanks for the help man.

OBD1 zc sick, you dont want to just buy the harness its beter new and the intructions are esier. its only 110. Oh, i forgot to tell you. you can also do wat my friend did to hes EF he wanted a single vtec and he went to junk yard and found a civic si shell right, and he cut the plugs were the ECU was then he came home and he match and spliced the wires to gether and he converted his wireing to OBD1 it look easy wen he did it. Wat you think?

well none of the wires are cut from the actual harness. I'm pretty sure that all of the wires that are on the subharness are still connected, The ones that are ran for the 4 wire o2 vtec and all of those. Its just i think the ones that were added are the ones that were cut. I think the guy that did it said there were the 2 for the crank position sensor ,injectors( im using the ones that you dont have to have the resistor box with) and the distributor ones, Cause the civic wasnt converted to multiport befor hand.

Ok so i went out and looked at the obd0 ecu connections and this is what I found. On the smallest connector I guess its C , the top left and bottom left wires are cut. The top wire is orange and the bottom one is white.
The biggest connector witch would b A has the top two left wirers that are yellow with red spots, they are both cut and it looks like the left wire is connected to the right wire that goes into the engine bay. and the right wire comming from the ecu is still open. Its hard to explain on here. But I dont know where those other wires are going. Anything will help thanks

the guy that did it is comming over to help me wire it tomorrow so it should be done. Thanks for the help though.

Back