Jeep Hurricane

?

• Sucks like a 2 cent wh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"With more than 14 inches (36 cm) of ground clearance and 20 inches (51 cm) of suspension travel, the Hurricane is in a class of its own when it comes to off-road capability.."

yea... the same class as the 70s mud trucks are in... and as I remember the CJ7 has 16 inches of ground clearance... and 14 inches of travel..... <_<

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 10 2005, 05:18 PM
I gave it a :thumbsdown: because Jeep made it, and their shit usually breaks. :lol:
[post=459242]Quoted post[/post]​

their actual jeeps never break. the wranglers and the cjs were and still are hardcore with the shit they can take. but that concept looks kind of weak in the "beat the shit out of it" department.

I had a neighbor who was (notice the verb tense) a huge Jeep fan, but swore he'd never buy another one after he started breaking U-joints on a pretty regular basis of every 3 months.

I'd have to agree with slushbox about the wranglers and CJ's. I have a cheerokee and it does break......but i really really really beat the shit out it. Libertys are so weak its just a shame though.

that thing reminds me of the warthog in halo

2 engines, offroad etc.

only difference is that its a 2 seater B)

I'm suprized no one brought this up yet:

0-60 mph (97 kph): 4.9 seconds

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's fast for a truck that size.

ya 20" my truck flexed at 42" befor i started to redo it im hoping to get 50" and as for the rear steer and ifs,irs well get ready to break parts

:thumbsdown:

The shit is gonna cost like 90-100 grand for some shit I promise will break.

It has 2 hemis, one is completely useless. All they needed to do was put a decent 4x4 trans and !1! Hemi in the bitch and it would be solid. It could have been light, but the extra useless hunk of HEMI in the back throws that away. It would be a under 5 second 0-60 with one hemi. And if you pulled that other one out of the chassis now, it would have high 3 low 4 second 0-60 pull.

4 wheel steering on anything ends up going to shit, moreso on real off road vehicles because the system gets beaten to hell and ends up one side SLAMs onto a rock or some other shit..

Either way, either opinion the thing is stupid, complete waste of money, and IS going to break when used a little too hard.

It IS a concept vehicle- hence they try new technologies on it and see how they perform and hold up. It's not going to make it to production, so you don't have to worry. I'm sure they threw two engines in there just to screw around and see howit would behave. I just think it's badass to see the kinds of stuff that auto manufacturers are experimenting with- and this one is particularly interesting.

Back