Jeep' not dead!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klyph

Dismember
VIP
Ever since they quit making the 4.0L, and started making shit like the Liberty and the Compass, I thought real jeeps were a thing of the past. It took them going back to their military roots, but they finally made what appears to be a real jeep. Simple, no frills, bare bones jeep built tough as hell. What sucks is that they'll only be a limited run in the US, and thus very expensive, but this is pretty much my new dream vehicle.

YouTube - Jeep J8

"An all purpose military vehicle for the Egyptian army" being sold to U.S. civilians for kicks. You gotta love America lol.

To bad the older Cherokees didnt come with the axle combo that one does. Its basically a stripped down Rubicon with better axles.

The wranglers (and the million variations thereof) never really gave it up. They've been tough through the times.

Read about these on Jalopnik the other day. Around 50k, without any powerplant. AEV can only get about 120 per year though.

50k? fuck that. I could build my CJ-8 into a much better jeep for a third of that. Lame.

50k? fuck that. I could build my CJ-8 into a much better jeep for a third of that. Lame.

:werd: You could pick up an Ok XJ in my area for like $1K, and with another $49000 into it would be nasty. On Rockwells and 54s is all I have to say.

Simple, no frills, bare bones jeep built tough as hell.

its still not bare bones enough for me. the dash ruins it. i want a fucking steel dashboard thats gonna kill me god damnit. none of this fiberglass bullshit. If I were toget a jeep, itd have to be, or be painted up as, a military jeep. it'd have to match my military knuckle head.that i'll have one day. just cause that'd be badass.

Back