Jet powered vw bug

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'll bet it gets windy as a motherfucker inside there when that thing's running...and I'd be scared as shit to think what could happen if the mounts failed while you're under jet power.

The only thing I could see wrong legally is that it may obscure the view of the rear license plate.

I bet he needs a pilots helmet just to drive that thing.

did anyone else click the link and scroll down and check out the turbine honda scooter he made for his wife?

I bet he needs a pilots helmet just to drive that thing.

did anyone else click the link and scroll down and check out the turbine honda scooter he made for his wife?

yupp...
looks like something outta the jetson's..haha

Yeah that guy sure loves jet engines :D Very cool that the police can never stick him with anything. If only they would leave our Honda's alone...

the jet engine may be within the legal perimeter of the car, but that may not include the five feet of fucking fire that shoots out of it. theres gotta be some sort of hp limitation, right? I mean, its a fucking jet in a tiny ass production car.

the jet engine may be within the legal perimeter of the car, but that may not include the five feet of fucking fire that shoots out of it. theres gotta be some sort of hp limitation, right? I mean, its a fucking jet in a tiny ass production car.
that's exactly what the cops would due, but they could come up with nothing concrete. If you click and read the link the cali dmv had dept of homeland security make the car a "threat to national security", cause what would happen if that car fell into "the wrong hands".:D

yeah, I read that, but it still amazes me that that's the best they could come up with. I can't honestly imagine what would happen. killing spree? it doesn't seem like it would be that dangerous, unless you're infront of someone that's on a bike, and you char them. the giant flame seems to be the most dangerous part.

likely concerned over this car containing a jet engine likely sourced from a military helicopter, making it potentially sensitive information

That dude is a genius. It makes me wonder why someone would spend the kind of money it had to have costed to put that thing together. I mean yes you get media attention but how can you turn that into something that will make any money other than for advertisement purposes?

my guess is that he wasnt driven by earning potential... it was more likely a "hey i think this would be interesting... lets see if i can pull it off"

Well, he's a mechanical engineer so it's probably like a science project for him, in a way. Also I don't think he's going to go on a flame thrower spree :D

Back