Jiffy Lube Sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
busted!

Yet another reason I do all of my own auto service/repair.

+1... the only thing i do is go to wal mart to have my oil changed in my eg. $13. pretty much covers the cost of materials if i was going to do it. plus someone else gets dirty. i don't have time to do shit like that right now. plus you can tell if the oil is changed or not.

yeah....most walmarts have a window :)

i dont know why that video doesnt suprise me.

hell yeah they change oil...mobile 1 full synthetic oil change for 22 bucks (its more expensive to do it myself).

Speaking of....i need to do that....its almost june....i changed my oil on valentines day.

Quoted post[/post]]
walmart changes oil??????????

only in cali....
No, maybe a left coast thing, I get my oil changed at walmart at least 2 times a year...if you get a tech that is interested in Hondas, he'll stand there and talk to you awhile and top off your fluids, offer a new drain plug, and wipe down the bottom of your block, and once they threw in the 'better' semi-synthetic oil for me.
It was $12.92 last time I went, and last time i changed my own oil it cost me $13+time.

Quoted post[/post]]
hell yeah they change oil...mobile 1 full synthetic oil change for 22 bucks (its more expensive to do it myself).

Speaking of....i need to do that....its almost june....i changed my oil on valentines day.
thats nothing, i haven't changed mine for 10k miles almost. not really woriied though, its mobil 1 and when i checked the level at around 5 k it was still perfectly full. thats a real accomplishment for a Jeep, most of them leak like crazy.

oh yea, with the Jiffy lube stuff. you guys remember like 2 years ago when i worked there and my manager was all shady like that? I still want to get one of the local news channels to go into his store here in San Diego. the shit that he's done would totallly blow that other news story out of the water.

i wanna be the guy in the shadows in the interview :p

I had one friend that worked at a Wal-Mart Lube shop and several that worked at Jiffy Lube's. My friend's who worked at Jiffy Lube said that their shop has never stiffed anyone on a service the customer paid for, however, when they don't feel like working, they tell the customer that they are out of the oil filter for their vehicle and send them to another Jiffy Lube.

My friend who worked at Wal-Mart said no one ever pays attention to the mechanics so they can get away with shit if they wanted to but they never did anyone dirty.

IMO, I do all my own shit just for the simple fact that you cannot put a price on peace of mind. Especially when it comes to brakes.

Quoted post[/post]]
I had one friend that worked at a Wal-Mart Lube shop and several that worked at Jiffy Lube's. My friend's who worked at Jiffy Lube said that their shop has never stiffed anyone on a service the customer paid for, however, when they don't feel like working, they tell the customer that they are out of the oil filter for their vehicle and send them to another Jiffy Lube.

My friend who worked at Wal-Mart said no one ever pays attention to the mechanics so they can get away with shit if they wanted to but they never did anyone dirty.

IMO, I do all my own shit just for the simple fact that you cannot put a price on peace of mind. Especially when it comes to brakes.
yea we used to do that, tell em that the oil filter was out of stock and send them elsewhere.

Quoted post[/post]]

only in cali....

Umm... Both Walmarts near me change oil. The one closest to me... I take my crv there for the oilchange... Its cold in winter... lol. i'll change it this weekend by myself. And they are good people there.

The other one... :blink: I took the company van there to get tires put on... He couldnt get one of the wheels off, so he had a sledgehammer hitting the tire... Knocked the van half off of the lift... I opened the door and said "WHY DONT YOU TRY SETTING THE VAN DOWN LIGHTLY WITHOUT ANY LUGNUTS! The wheel will pop off the hub!" and he gave me a confused look.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

only in cali....

Umm... Both Walmarts near me change oil. The one closest to me... I take my crv there for the oilchange... Its cold in winter... lol. i'll change it this weekend by myself. And they are good people there.

The other one... :blink: I took the company van there to get tires put on... He couldnt get one of the wheels off, so he had a sledgehammer hitting the tire... Knocked the van half off of the lift... I opened the door and said "WHY DONT YOU TRY SETTING THE VAN DOWN LIGHTLY WITHOUT ANY LUGNUTS! The wheel will pop off the hub!" and he gave me a confused look.
:laugh: :laugh: well i don't think you gotta be very smart to work there.

Quoted post[/post]]

only in cali....

I took my Accord to jiffy lube and asked them if they replace the crush seal on the drain plug, and they were all like, I think we have some down in the basement, so they go down there, look around, and say that they are all out. I was warned by a Valvoline friend that they dont replace it, and I believe it when they don't keep them any place handy, or, heck, even in the store at all. For anyone who doesn't know, you have to replace that seal every time because it's "crushed" into place, thus the name, and when you reuse it, it leaks oil. I use full synthetic, and yeah, there's cheaper ways to learn that lesson.

Quoted post[/post]]
I took my Accord to jiffy lube and asked them if they replace the crush seal on the drain plug, and they were all like, I think we have some down in the basement, so they go down there, look around, and say that they are all out. I was warned by a Valvoline friend that they dont replace it, and I believe it when they don't keep them any place handy, or, heck, even in the store at all. For anyone who doesn't know, you have to replace that seal every time because it's "crushed" into place, thus the name, and when you reuse it, it leaks oil. I use full synthetic, and yeah, there's cheaper ways to learn that lesson.
actually at our store, you had to buy a new drain plug and it came with the gasket

Quoted post[/post]]

Yeah, when I changed my own oil I found out that walmart had put the drain plug on without the crush gasket. Get a new one at autozone.

Back