Jiffy Lube Sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmmm. the mirage has a rubber gasket around the drain plug, its thick too, not some metal one.

interesting :) ive never seen oil leaking from there, though. its too busy being burned by the engine.

Quoted post[/post]]
hmmm. the mirage has a rubber gasket around the drain plug, its thick too, not some metal one.

interesting :) ive never seen oil leaking from there, though. its too busy being burned by the engine.

Thats the crush gasket.

Its a rubber gasket that goes between the drain plug and the oil pan.

You'll probably be fine without it, but from the factory its there.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Thats the crush gasket.

all my other cars have had metal ones.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Thats the crush gasket.

all my other cars have had metal ones.

*shrugs*

Autozone carries the rubber ones.

Quoted post[/post]]
ALSO on that NBC 4 page:
Street Racing Death...in a Del Sol :cry:

OK.....they said the driver of the blue car, if caught, could face murder charges. i'm sure he is really going to come forward now. anyways, they were 17 and 18 years old racing. stupid kids. Ruin shit that use to be fun. god damn fast and the furious. now drifting is going to go to shit.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
busted!
All in Cali though. The Jiffy Lube by me is nice. I have never taken my car there but I have friends that work their.
i agree the jiffy thats down the street from me always took care of me when i need an oil change with a smile on their faces. He'll bring your own supplies and go an extra 3 miles and all you have to pay is 7$ for your oil change. compared to the 60 i got charged for the best oil, its a bargain.

the jiffy lube here SUCKS
my grandmother took her subaru there for a few years. she took her car to the mechanic because it was running like shit, in march of 02 he tried draining the oil but because jiffy lube NEVER changed it it turned to sludge. they did an oil anlaysis and they found the oil was from late 98/early 99. the car was a 1999 model.

she got jiffy lube to buy her new piston rings, bearings, a new oil pump, and all of the machine work because the motor was being starved of oil(pump was trying to pump sludge)

the mechanic said he literaly used a garden shovel to scoop the sludge out of the oil pan.

she sold her car a few days later. LOL.

yea Ill never take my car there.

Its easy enough to buy a case of oil, which covers me for 3 oil changes, and 3 oil filters at a time.
every 3000 crawl underneigh pull plug, change filter, fill up. done in 20 minutes.

I think I must be the only person that in 4 years of owning my honda, never replaced the crush washer once... LOL.

And never leaked a DROP of oil.

Crush washer?

:blink: :blink:

only when i get lazy do i ever have someone else change my oil... unless my boyfriend does it first. he hates me touching my car. :mad:

ive never replaced mine, and ive changed my own oil since i was 15...its the only thing i knew how to do, and i was so happy i could do it myself. When i started getting into cars...i decided that tearing down/rebuilding engines, installing suspensions, and overall doing everything under the sun to a car...i decided that itd be easier to let walmart do it.

Back