JL 10W3v2-D2 SUB 10"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Judo_boy_48

Has anyone had experience with the sound of a JL 10W3v2-D2 10" Sub.

Reason I'm asking is because it is what the stealthbox for my Colorado comes with. I just wondering if sounds decent enough.

I'm not looking for a lot of bass.

Thank you in advance.

They are great. If you are listening to any music but bassy rap they will work fine. A friend of mine has them with a 1200w amp and they hit pretty damn well with the amp at half power.

theyre pretty good for "all-around", just dont spend too much money on them.

My friend has them; powered by a 400W amp. I dont know if this is an isolated incident, but he let his cousin borrow them. His cousin played nothing but rap music and always turned it up(to show off something thats not his, of course), and by the time he returned it the sub sounded distorted at higher volumes; the middle piece came loose(has to be glued back on or something). i think these were the 4-ohm version though.

Shhh Mike....enough of this civic talk with you. Forget about the past. I only wanna hear you mentioning that S2k. If you mention a Civic it better will's

Well my friends friend is a JL dealer so I'm getting it with the stealthbox for 250.

Seems good to me seeing it sells for 500.

Now to find me an amp.

okay, well between all of my friends we have come up with about 3 or 4 good amps. Strangely enough 2 are made by JL and 1 is made by MTX (yeah dog all you want, its good shit) and the last one is JBL.

I know yall are gonna knock MTX, but i have have heard their 1200w amp power some sick ass 12s and even a 15 in my friend's caprice.

So here are my recommendations.

TOP of the list: the JL 500/1 This thing is MADE FOR HARD HITTING 10s END OF STORY. Ive heard this thing powering 2 Eclipse 10s that would make you shiver and then jump over to 2 audiobahn 12s and do even better. There are better amps, but this is more than you will ever need for 10s and it will make your 10s sound amazing well below full power.

Second: JL 250/1. As the name implies...lower power, but in 10s, you arent really gonna notice it too much. For the subs you picked out, this will be right at the edge of this amps ability, but you should be well within range. Especially if you dont want the bass to thump TOO hard.

Third...Here comes MTX: MTX Thunder5601. This is a 600w (2ohm) 300w (4 ohm amp) that will bring your subs to full power when the amp is at full power. Its an amzing lil piece of hardware and any 10 worth its voice coil would love its juice.

my last one i have never personally heard, but my buddy with the audiobahn 12s swears its amazing.

The JBL 601.1 I dont know much about it, i can just give you specs. 424w at 4 ohms and 580w at 2 ohms. He said they make 12s sound great, but has never heard them on 10s. So i dont really know what else to tell you.

I personally have a jensen 500w on my 2 xplod 10s. Yeah, im getting rid of both. I got the subs and a head unit for 100 bucks and then the amp for 60. at the time it seemed like a good deal, but now i know better.

**EDIT**

Ummm, i wrote that entire post thinking you were buying 10W3v2-D4s....most of it still applys, just all those amps are gonna be overpowered for your purposes

Quoted post[/post]]
Shhh Mike....enough of this civic talk with you. Forget about the past. I only wanna hear you mentioning that S2k. If you mention a Civic it better will's

:p

Most people didn't hear most of what I did with the Civic, so there won't be much talk about the S2k either, especially not anytime soon. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Well my friends friend is a JL dealer so I'm getting it with the stealthbox for 250.

Seems good to me seeing it sells for 500.

Now to find me an amp.

Wow. Not even the people I know who are JL dealers will go that low on a stealthbox.

ive got a 10w3v2 powered by an mtx421d in a 2.1ft^3 box tuned to 32, and belive it it makes my civic sing

when i had it in my sonoma i hit a 139db in outlaw with the windows down in a 2ft^3 tuned to 34

er what im trying to say is, its put up with all the abuse i've put it through by over powering it and putting it in a box thats 'over recommended size' hahahaha
worth every penny, sounds amazing

`edit`
internet connection wasnt working well yesterday, how it got the same message in one post ?? sorry folks

Quoted post[/post]]

Wow. Not even the people I know who are JL dealers will go that low on a stealthbox.

He said hes giving it to me at his cost. Hes not making profit off me.

I dont know if its really what he gets it for but its cheap enough for me.

I'm not going to second guess him if hes going to give me it.

Back