Job Resignation Letter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:rofl: at the responses in this thread! Fuckin' hilarious! :lmao:

In all seriousness though, you really don't need to provide much of a reason for why you're leaving. Your employer doesn't want to read some long, rambling explanation for why you're quitting, they just need to know that you are quitting, and how long they have to find a replacement for you.

Something like this should work fine:

Dear (your boss's name or whoever it is you're giving the letter to):

Please accept this letter as formal notification that I plan on leaving my position with (company name) on (date).

Thank you for the opportunities and experiences you have provided me during my time with the company.

If there's any way I can assist you during this time of transition, please let me know.

Sincerely,

(your name)

Make sure the letter's in proper business format (addresses and date at the top, justified text, etc.). There's plenty of samples on line if you still need help. Just Google "letter of resignation example".

Heh this thread got a lot of attention.

I have a pretty good idea of how i can construct something decent w/out burning any bridges.

I would like to thank people like B and E for their immediate and thorough responses, which they gave immediately after this thread was posted. :)

Just keep it cordial, simple, and short. That's the best way not to burn your bridges. Don't even give an explanation for leaving unless you feel it's absolutely necessary. Just tell them you're leaving, when you're leaving, and offer to do anything you can to help during the transition.

Back