Job Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

user advocate (quality assurance, support, and documentation).

System admin for a pretty large software development company. If you haven't used the product (which i can say at least 90% of the members here have), then youve definitely seen the commercials (about 6 or 7 years ago though).

i build helicopter engines :)
Pratt and Whitney PT6T-3 series..

1800 HP
38,000 RPM
1900 ITT

DSC01970.jpg

EDIT: looking at that random internet found pic, they have the ignition exciters mounted for shipment wrong, and they safety wired the P3 air port on top.. i usually only do that to an engine when it came in, in really shitty condition (excessively greasy, parts not installed for shipment correctly, etc)

Last edited:
<<<Felon with an education and alot of knowledge.. 20 years computer experience, (And i'm only 28) 10 years+ mechanics experience.. Cant find shit worth working.. rather not work unless i'm getting paid $15-30 a hour.. I aint no illegal imigrant.. SUCKS!!! I was a realestate agent b4 prison.. Crime I didnt commit but was with the guy that did.. ruined me for life...
Justice in full effect.. cops = criminals

Information Security Officer for the Department of Veterans Affairs.

I work my ass off at a local hospital, don't get paid shit.

Also just got a second job, mainly due to gas prices. Went back to the grocery store I worked at before for 7+ years.

Basically, I work 12-13 days out of every two weeks and might make $600 between both jobs....

JermBizzle = needs to go to skewl.

I work in a granite/marble fabricating shop. 12 hours a day, M-F. 8 hrs. on Sat. Hard F'ing work, but really good money. Happy to have a job in Michigan.

Last edited:
I put in paver walkways, patios drive ways, as well as rock work and retaining walls. When its there I do bobcat service on the weekends.

bus boy at mastergrill :)
I thought I was the only one in food service. I'm a server at Friday's, even though I have my BA in advertising. Looking for real jobs but also thinking about relocating so who knows what I'm doing.

Celgene corp. IT Network tech, contractor. Pays decent, but I have a 55 mile each way commuter in new jersey rush hour traffic every day. Plus part time job working in with my friend's production studio, 3rd eye studios based out of Queens.

Yes sir :) im assuming you have been there before, if not go!! its bad ass.

All you can eat steak! what better place is there to go hahaha

yeah, i have, its pretty good stuff....now i know if i see an old civic in the lot i should shoe polish it :)

I ... I uhh... Wouldn't say that out loud.

It is not as cool as it sounds. I just dole out policy advice and such. That is the job title but I do absolutely nothing with network security.

Back