Job Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've been doing a lot of camera research and haven't really hard that many good things about the D40s even from Nikon guys. One big plus to the D40/D40x is the menu layout, it's really nice and I like the help button. Another down side to the D40 is that the lens it comes with doesn't have image stabilizer, or maybe I'm wrong? I know the XTI doesn't offer it, but the 450d Xsi does.

The 450D has a lot of nice features, its pretty much a 40D ($1000 for body only) but the 450D has a plastic body, 3.5 shots per second, VS I think 6 for the 40D.

Simon Says: "Buy a muthur FUc#!NG Nikon D40! So do it, or G*d forbid you take another great shot of your Honda."

The 450D has a plastic body and lense mount. It really depends on what lenses you have already. If you don't have any lenses, get whichever one you can get for less money.

BTW: the 450D is nothing like the 40D. Not even the same processor. Nice try though.

The D40 is a good bang-for-the buck camera. You can use most of the nikor lenses out today. I say most, because it doesn't have the in-camera focus motor. If you can afford the D80, I'd get that instead of the D40.

Yes, Nikon menus have always been easy to use. That's what sold me on the D40, that and the price.

Xsi/450D w/Alt Glass - FM Forums

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] It's not a typo. The 40D was explicitly compared to the 450D in the resolution comparisons page, which came right before the conclusions page. The first day the review was up, the reviewer spent a lot of effort correcting factual and typographic errors by reading user feedback. The 40D comment was not "corrected" because it wasn't a mistake..

For the record, he never said the 450d image quality was "better" than the 40d. What he said was:

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The new sensor is superb, and from a resolution point of view puts the EOS 40D to shame without losing any of the high ISO performance that has been Canon's trump card for so long. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]

There's little to debate here. The 450d sensor has 2 million more pixels, and the anti-alias filter is the thinnest canon has ever used in any dSLR. DPR's test results show the 12MP 450D matching the absolute resolution of the 14MP Sony A350, and far exceeding the 40D's:
[/FONT]

Not saying it's better, but, for the money, it sure doesn't sound bad.

I'm a convenience store clerk. The company I work for is privately owned, and has about 25 stores. There's over 20 cameras in the main area of the store, one looking at backstock, two in the cooler, one in the office, and one looking at each pump. Management pretty much tells everybody that they're in jeopardy of losing their job every day. I check out customers, stock cigarettes, tobacco, and everything else in the store, take out the trash inside and out, clean the bathrooms, stock the cooler, sweep the parking lot, change out squeegee water, fix other people's mistakes on a daily basis, clean up after people, change lights, bag ice, and pretty much anything else they can think of. And, the people in the deli section get paid more than clerks, even though all they do is work the deli. My job pretty much sucks, and gave me a headache every day I worked when I worked 5 days a week this past semester and went to school on the other 2 days. I was two minutes late today, and got my second write-up ( the first was for being four minutes late). To them, one minute late is late, unless they really like you, or you haven't been late in a long time, or they just decide it's okay for you to be late. Basically, I need to find a new job, and finish my drafting degree, or just go back to a real university.

I'm so sorry for you, i work at the same shithole you do and am a "geek", god i hate this place.
i like what i do now, but i know a lot about computers, and the GS sup apparently thought id do well there so he offered me a job at the precinct. decent pay raise than the sales floor too.
I'm a pizza boy.

gsrcrxsi hook me up with a Camera, I'm about to pull the trigger on another one.
top of my list right now is an Xsi with the 18-55mm IS lens.temping to do a 40D but not sure if I want to spend the extra cash.
the XSi and the 40D are both great cameras. the XSi could be considered more of an entry level DSLR, where the 40D is more of an intermediate camera (in terms of DSLRs of course) the XSi has higer res (12MP) but the 40D is a much better camera overall and it comes with a better lense too. i think youll be happy with the XSi though. if you dont NEED the extra stuff that the 40D offers i wouldnt worry about it. id recommend another lense though, the 18-55 that comes with it is hardly any zoom.
Simon Says: "Buy a muthur FUc#!NG Nikon D40! So do it, or G*d forbid you take another great shot of your Honda."
not sure if you know, but the hes talking about the Canon 40D, its in its own class of cameras vs the D40. the D40 is more of a beginner DSLR (still nice) and an older camera, the worst thing about it is that the res is pretty low, only 6MP.

I help design scroll compressors for air conditioning unit

hmmm just thought i would post that i am going to trade school soon to get my certification to join the field of Audio Engineering ... i noticed there were a few of them on here :)

so Bus Boy for now ... but will be working in Studios and/or live venues for the rest of my life :)

I'm a pizza boy.

gsrcrxsi hook me up with a Camera, I'm about to pull the trigger on another one.
top of my list right now is an Xsi with the 18-55mm IS lens.temping to do a 40D but not sure if I want to spend the extra cash.

I wouldn't recommend the rebel...I personally thought it was a little pricy. I bought a year old 30d for 500 bucks now two years old. And I recently got a year old 5d for 1000 at B&H in the city. Best money ever spent, considering the rebel XSI is priced at 800. It's actually not that bad of a camera, but a few of my friends who have one have complained about a few minor things that either of my other two cameras don't have problems with. But if you're dead set on buying a new camera, the xsi is probably a good deal considering they upped the mega pixels from the xti. Great new camera for the money.

I wouldn't recommend the rebel...I personally thought it was a little pricy. I bought a year old 30d for 500 bucks now two years old. And I recently got a year old 5d for 1000 at B&H in the city. Best money ever spent, considering the rebel XSI is priced at 800. It's actually not that bad of a camera, but a few of my friends who have one have complained about a few minor things that either of my other two cameras don't have problems with. But if you're dead set on buying a new camera, the xsi is probably a good deal considering they upped the mega pixels from the xti. Great new camera for the money.

Spend more money on a camera and less on a lens, or spend less on a camera and more on a lens? that's pretty much where I'm at.

Xsi comes with a pretty well rated basic lens, that leaves room for a nice wide angle lens shortly down the road =) =) =)

400D is also an option, I just wish it came with an IS lens.

Hey GSRCRXsi how much cash for the xsi?

my price? i have no idea, ive never checked. prob around 20% off, but i almost got canned for going in on a few things with my friends and using my discount i payed like 2k cash and put like 100 on my buddies CC (apparently the money has to be 100% yours lol). so i cant really help you out, also im out of state now, i dont work at the baltimore store, im in WV at school.

but my advice would be to put more into the lense. you can at least carry that over to a new camera in the future. also dont limit yourself to the small selection of lenses in the store. they can special order lots of lenses from the website. but it really depends on what you want to do with it.

Just picked up a Xsi with lens and 2 gb memory, paid 829.99.

not to shabby.

The 40D was calling to me, it was on sale for 1299.99 with lens

Title: Telephoney Technician

I do everything from pulling coax and C5e, C6e and others for pre-wire buildings, old buildings, termination. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting analog and digital telephone line problems, digital and analog telephone problems with faxs, CC machines, and any other terminal which needs/uses a telephone line.

I also install, program, troubleshoot and maintain digital and analog telephones including ESI, Win, Comdial, AT&T partner, etc...

Title: "Sales" No idea why.

I currently drive a truck for Pepsi. I drive to a town, hit up 6 o 7 gas stations / supermarkets, unload a pallet of pepsi-ish stuff (pepsi, mountain dew, cream soda, energy drinks, starbucks stuff, etc).. Put it on the shelf, and head on to the next stop. Lots of hours, not alot of work. Fridays are cool. local stops only, can finish in half the time and go home early.

I want to get involved in investigating auto insurance claims. Catching thieves red handed and giving honest guys what their car is truly worth. I think I would love trying to figure that shit out. But unfortunately I have no idea where to go to find out about it. Anyone here know?

Back