Jobless rate up again....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

I am watching MSNBC and they reported more jobless claims going up. I think it is up at mid to high 6%. I already read two articles in newsweek about the value of mba's and how they are going down and not worth it right now. I have spent the last two months looking for work out of college and I do have two years of managerial experience.

This battle just keeps getting worse, well just ranting I guess. Any guys out there with a solid grasp on their careers.??

Milan

anything with "manager" closely related to its job description is getting cut. they are the expensive part of a company, and don't do shit :p

oh thanks for your support :) maybe a career in telecommunication phone sales. Management does cost money, companies are becoming to be less structed internally.

I was hoping to maybe pop up in the banking industry, who knows. I have an interview later tomorrow.

Milan

at least you have an interview.

just don't wear that gay shirt like you always do... an DONT DRINK TONIGHT you fuck!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 10 2003, 11:43 AM
anything with "manager" closely related to its job description is getting cut. they are the expensive part of a company, and don't do shit :p

:werd:

Good luck on the interview Milan!

to add insult to injury, the jobless figures dont reflect the scores of people who have taken low-paying, low-skilled full and part-time jobs just to make ends meet after they were laid off.

i've been looking for something around here for a yr, but everywhere will only give me 12-15 hrs a week b/c they are hiring older ppl to work 40-50 hrs a week to support themselves and shit.. wtf? I have bills to.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jul 10 2003, 01:01 PM
to add insult to injury, the jobless figures dont reflect the scores of people who have taken low-paying, low-skilled full and part-time jobs just to make ends meet after they were laid off.

:werd:

yeah, i agree with you on that. I should have got an accounting degree, it might have made things a little easier.

oh well, what to do. I have only been searching for 2 months so far and a fast career search is considered to take 4-18 weeks.

I always just tell myself that patience and persistance will pay off.

Milan

i know, companies are laying people off like it's nothing. the old company i used to work for just laid everyone off and is moving to CT cuz it's cheaper for them there. BTW, my girl and a lot of my friends used to work there. They all got laid-off earlier today.

cheaper in CT ???????? where the fuck are you located????

everything keeps moving out of CT cuz the taxes here are fucking rediculous

Originally posted by rsaeini@Jul 10 2003, 04:25 PM
i know, companies are laying people off like it's nothing. the old company i used to work for just laid everyone off and is moving to CT cuz it's cheaper for them there. BTW, my girl and a lot of my friends used to work there. They all got laid-off earlier today.

man, sorry to hear that. :(

located in SoCal.
i don't know if the company is telling the truth or what. i don't work for them any more. that's the reason they gave to all the people that they let go.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 10 2003, 05:37 PM

CT on average has some of the highest wages in the country. I might have to keep an eye out for this company. I am sick of working 50-67 hours a week.

And about the management thing, being a manager at my company is safer than being any other position.

It's to bad, last time I checked the unemployment rate was at an epademic level back home (24%), but with the bull in controll for so long a Backlash like this was bound to occur. Better this the another 4 years of economic inflation followed by another "black monday"

If you want a job, be a nurse. Plenty of them... good money too. If your a moron like me you'll be back in college for comp sci so you can scrounge around the industry you just got laid off from last year... A big :fuckyou2: to my boy G.W.

Originally posted by jeff+Jul 10 2003, 09:07 PM-->
@Jul 10 2003, 05:37 PM

CT on average has some of the highest wages in the country. I might have to keep an eye out for this company. I am sick of working 50-67 hours a week.

And about the management thing, being a manager at my company is safer than being any other position.

isn't*

They're just finding out that they're dead weight now a days.

I blame it on republicans. Everytime one has been in office for the past 100 years, our economy has shit the bed.

let's go back in time....

Cooliage- then Hoover, both republicans, dumped us into an economy of shit after the early twienties.
who saved us? democrat FD Roosevelt

Nixon then Ford - both republicans. created the gas crisis of the mid 70's by being total fucktards, and because of them, we now have emissions have have to have cat's on our cars, and burn unleaded gas and all other kinds of bullshit because they fucked up.

Who saved us? Carter a Dem. the later 70s and early 80s were good times. vietnam bullshit was passed us, the economy was picking up, and it was good enough for my parents to finially afford their first house. something they couldn't do the previous 5-6 years because the economy was shit.

Who ruined it? Regan an R. who ever shot the bastard and missed is a fucktard.
At the end of his two terms in office, Ronald Reagan viewed with satisfaction the achievements of his innovative program known as the Reagan Revolution, which aimed to reinvigorate the American people and reduce their reliance upon Government. He felt he had fulfilled his campaign pledge of 1980 to restore "the great, confident roar of American progress and growth and optimism."

rightttttttttttttt
what exaclty did he do? not a god damn thing. he was a fucking actor who ran out of money and said hey- I think i want to run for politics now. Why would any leader of a gov. body want to remove the people he runs from relying on it? that's like saying setting up little joe schmoe tax stations to pay instead of the gov't. horse shit.
the economy sucked.... disco and hair bands were in. it was bad times.

enter R George bush Sr.. Had I been old enough, my vote would have went to Dukakis (sp?). instead, we had to go play cowboy over in the middle east. I don't deny that it was the right thing to do, but it wasn't helping terms back home. The deficit grew to leaps and bounds.... and finially, he was done.

enter clinton, a D. Other than getting heady-momo from a couple interns, i think he was the 2nd best president of this century behind FDR. fuck JFK, what did he do? nothing but look good and almost get us blown up by cuba and russia. worst president ever. anyway, back to clinton- he cut so much spending, none of which we seemed to notice, and we pulled out of our whole ever so slightly. More over, the economy was good. no one was getting laid off around here like it is now.

enter GW Bush, R - another fucktard i didn't vote for. At least Al Gore invented the internet. shit, GWB only claim to fame is that daddy was a fucktard too.
some blame it on 9/11, and that is somewhat understandable... but what i don't understand- is how the fall of 2 buildings can ruin the economy of 40+ million people? it just doesn't make sense. Yes, I can see the businesses that were directly related, or had offices in there would be in a wolrd of shit- but honestly, what percent of all the nationa's company's were in that building? 1%?? if that?? and yet, now the unemployment rate is 6% ish??? how does 1% of business effect 6 times that? Fact is, it doesn't.
And even with GWB's recent federal tax cuts and shit.... I'm taking home $4 more every two weeks. big fucking deal.

In closing, I would like to say, that I am not a Democratic. nor am I a Rebulican. I registered as an Inipendant, cuz frankly, everyone in politics is a fucktard.

Edit- cleaned up some typos

well brian, i don't agree with you completely although i do feel president clinton did do quite a bit to help the economy...

unfortunately his foreign policy was weak and he allowed bin laden to function freely in afghanistan, allowed the north koreans to build their nuclear arsenal..and didn't do much in securing our borders...

all of these factors indirectly led to 9-11 which turned out to be a major intelligence failure. and...while i don't care for george bush i do feel he is doing the best he can with what he has faced given the events that have taken place while he has been in office.

and, like i told you over IM, the economy was already in decline when the events of 9-11 took place...and it just made things worse.

george w bush will get oil flowing in iraq, and the contracts will go to american companies which will create jobs for americans. i see only good things in the future for this country, and the jobless rate will decrease.

Back