john roberts confirmed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We have a new Gov. General in Canada.. lol cant comment more on this.. is John Roberts hot??

whats r ur thoughs b? U made the topic.. let us know.. lol

umm there goes the neighborhood. Only person on the court i like now is SDO...and shes gettin out too...the only 2 people i liked are gone, and now i have to move to fuckin canada.

Teehee...see you there Dena.

dont you guys think that supreme courts judges only get about 200k and judge judy makes about 25 million of of television.

yeah...kinda wierd...but im a politcal junky, and i dont like to see a completely conservative court...SDO and william rehnquist were the only people on the court that had an open mind.

Just My Humble Opinion.

the court is going into the shitter, Bush would not nominate someone unless he was certain this person would fit in with his admin, and judging by his admin's record, we're all fucked...

eminant domain, patriot act I and II

US of Elitism...

ehh.... from what i can see....we are fucked anyway no matter what or who is in the court...politicians(spll) are all the same.....

Stop blaming supreme court for new laws. They don't write new laws.

The Supreme court decided a few months ago that the Constitution says nothing about Eminent Domain, and they sent it back to the House, who voted for it. It was the legislators and congressmen that made the law, NOT the judges. Judges do not make law, they interpret the constitution.

AND THAT IS ALL.

But, you'll continue to bad mouth government, even though you don't have the slightest grasp on what's going on.

Now, you all may attack me. Including the Canadian. I have some pent up Canadian rage.

Quoted post[/post]]
I didn't like the fact that he refused to answer questions. It seems like he's trying to hide something, like just how NeoCon he really might be.

i didn't like this aspect either--- but at the same time it makes sense.

think about it this way...

if he publicly gives his OPINION on something, and later down the line, a case comes up with those criteria that he mentioned, people will already know his opinion on the matter-- including judges-- and this could have negative effects.

honestly, i think that's quite admirable. At first i couldn't stand him... but afater catching some debates on cspan, its amazing how smooth and cool he was while under direct attacks.

if that says anything about his character, i think he will be a strong political influence.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah...kinda wierd...but im a politcal junky, and i dont like to see a completely conservative court...SDO and william rehnquist were the only people on the court that had an open mind.

Just My Humble Opinion.

Willie was a conservative, but he did have a level head on his shoulders, and you could always count on SDO to use that swing seat in the right way.

Now, of course with the new chief justice and the upcoming swinger judge, everybody's eyes are on Roe. Personally, I don't think it should be fucked with... we decided that fight a long time ago, leave it the fuck alone.

However, Roberts' wife is a diehard pro-lifer and guess who has the biggest grip on Robbie's dick :wink:

The only thing I am afraid of is a totally right leaning court. The cons already have the House, Senate and the Presidency... the system of checks and balances is FUCKED. With the courts also slammed to the right, it's gonna be nasty.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Just My Humble Opinion.

Willie was a conservative, but he did have a level head on his shoulders, and you could always count on SDO to use that swing seat in the right way.

Now, of course with the new chief justice and the upcoming swinger judge, everybody's eyes are on Roe. Personally, I don't think it should be fucked with... we decided that fight a long time ago, leave it the fuck alone.

However, Roberts' wife is a diehard pro-lifer and guess who has the biggest grip on Robbie's dick :wink:

The only thing I am afraid of is a totally right leaning court. The cons already have the House, Senate and the Presidency... the system of checks and balances is FUCKED. With the courts also slammed to the right, it's gonna be nasty.

Thats what im saying...the entire world isnt conservative...while a large percentage are, the legislature can pass unpopular laws that will never see a veto...and if "Certain cases" come back up, you know that the bush crownies (scalia, roberts, thomas, souter, and whoever GW nominates) will set a precedent

Back