Joining the dark side

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friz

Well I chipped and converted my old P06 to run V-tec tonight. I used the xenocron kits for this. I also had xenocron burn me a base line into one of the chips. All I can say is WOW. Although time consuming the conversion went very easy (except when i soldered a transister in backwards). The baseline burned into the chip runs my B16A very well. Doesn't seem as peppy as the P30 but I wouldn't expect it to be. I took it out and run it to make sure the v-tec engages and it does. Proud to say no CEL's. Can't wait to get Chrome Pro, Ostrich, and Wideband to start tuning.

Why didn't you just chip the p30 if you don't mind me asking? And I'm guessing a p06 is obd1. I'm not familiar with that particular ecu. I am used to seeing pr4, pm6, p28, p30, and p72. But yeah, welcome to the tuning side of things. Do you have any bolt ons or anything that necessitated the change from a stock program, or are you just planning ahead?

I want to keep the p30 virgin because I then have the option to go back to it if i have a problem with my tuning setup. This car has to get me 120 miles a day. Down time is expensive with gas prices where they are at. I want the option to do what ever I want to the engine without having someone else tune it. I may boost later not sure. I guess it's just more of an excersize to keep my brain from rotting for now.

BTW xenocrons baseline runs the car very well. I think I am getting better mileage with the chipped ECU then the stock one.

Quoted post[/post]]
Why didn't you just chip the p30 if you don't mind me asking? And I'm guessing a p06 is obd1. I'm not familiar with that particular ecu. I am used to seeing pr4, pm6, p28, p30, and p72. But yeah, welcome to the tuning side of things. Do you have any bolt ons or anything that necessitated the change from a stock program, or are you just planning ahead?
A P06 is a stock 92-95 d15b7 ECU. I bet alot of the "P28" ECU's you see being sold today are converted P06's

Back