JR supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I have a chance to get a used SC for like $1200 and thats for everything!! I was wondering what i should look for when i see it, like damage and stuff. It shoulkd be good cause its from a shop i always goto and they like to make money on labor not parts. This used to be on a 12sec civic so its been used for track for about 2 years. good buy or goodbye?

Goodbye. :p

First off, you could build a decent turbo setup for $1200 and be faster than the supercharger at the same boost levels.

Secondly, as for what to look for, take a look at the rotors to see if the ceramic coating has been blasted off. Look for traces of oil and scoring in the rotor housing, and wiggle the pulley to see if there's any play in the bearings.

If it's been tracked for two years, I'd probably not even bother looking at it.

I'd actually rather have one that was used only at the track. Long term use is what smokes them. Bring 800$ in cash and tell them you want the charger, and they can take it or leave it. If you get it for 800$, you got a good deal. If they say no, fuck it, start putting together turbo.

if your ordering it then you better escrow. my buddy ordered one for 1200 from some guy and it never came.

didnt read it was from a shop, thats a great deal!

Look for shaft play and any blemishes/nicks on the rotor vanes... other than that I don't know what to look for. You could pick it up dirt cheap, then send it to Endyn for a rebuild... then have LOTS of fun.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 20 2003, 03:21 PM
Look for shaft play and any blemishes/nicks on the rotor vanes... other than that I don't know what to look for. You could pick it up dirt cheap, then send it to Endyn for a rebuild... then have LOTS of fun.

:lol:

im not sure I understand your insinuation by bolding LOTS

:p

Back