JR wins the D1GP !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
JR Gittin was one of DGtrial's premier aces who got signed for Falken Tires.

clayton and i knew him way back when he was driving his old s13 coupe :)

when i first saw it i thought yall meant dale jr. but when i saw what mustang they were talking about i knew who ya meant. some fun stuff.

Vaughn Gitten Jr, from Drift Aliance...lives down in MD...super cool guy. He took my Z out and took it for a few laps last year, and did just about as well as me...and he gave me the suggestion on my car set up...and they are 90% done...

Next year is going to rock...and if the CTDrifting.com can get the DA guys to come to Stafford Springs...then "Rock" is completely different.

The DA DVD promo...the dvd should be out in Feb...

thought it....zipped my mouth...then decided id say it anyway.

CMON MIKE, YOU KNOW YOU WANNA DRIFT THE S2K.

I had a lot of fun with the guy at bankston honda. they were selling an 03 S2K....needless to say after i test drove it, its gonna need some new rear tires. If only i had the will to put a new rear axle on the lude. but after talking to the mustang club here in dallas, and being told MULTIPLE times that i will not hit 400WHP.....drag racing is kinda getting to me. Im DEFINITELY gonna have to make them rethink their words...

drag racing is boring.
dirfting is a lot of fun, but its not the same as ripping up a road course...

+1 to the assclowns in that debacle of a thread the other month saying that the mustang couldn't drift well.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
+1 to the assclowns in that debacle of a thread the other month saying that the mustang couldn't drift well.

it really doesnt, stock. it needs alot of suspension work.

What car "stock" is a professional drifter?

most above average drifters can drift a stock car quite easily.

my 240sx was an easy drifter. just slightly underpowered.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
most above average drifters can drift a stock car quite easily.

my 240sx was an easy drifter. just slightly underpowered.

I can drift practically anything thats RWD. Fuck I could drift my Suzuki Vitara.

I don't think you can. Make a bold statement like this, there are pro drivers out there on the Drift circuit and off, that have 2+ decades under their belts and aren't top drifters.

I'd like to see you take a first gen MR2 out and drift it.

ANYTHING RWD? I fuckin doubt it. You might be able to throw it around, but I'll be damned if you can ACTUALLY DRIFT ANY RWD car you get into.

yeah...drifting a car without a new rear diff is a bitch. I dont know many people, pro or not, that can do it...mainly cause of the way the diff works.

but yeah, go on thinking you can drift anything RWD. I know i cant...im willing to admit it.

Quoted post[/post]]
ANYTHING RWD? I fuckin doubt it. You might be able to throw it around, but I'll be damned if you can ACTUALLY DRIFT ANY RWD car you get into.

I said practically. Leave your personal vendetta at home, it makes you look stupid. And if I can't drift the car, I'm sure there's someone who can which illustrates my initial point.

Before you go and bring out your noose, read and understand. Of course there are exceptions and thats why i used the terminology "practically any" rather than the simple terminology of "any".

Steve, my friend has a MR2 thats been rebuilt from built engine to arc radiator to huge turbo to trailing arms to coilovers to everything and I can drift it. Have I made it spin before? Of course, that car is dangerous and if you don't know what you're doing you'll go into a spin.

If you can just get into a high powered MR2, regardless of suspension, and perform sweeping drifts then I encourage you to compete, because you have what it takes to be the best.

Thinking that you can is just mental masturbation. Doing it is completely different. that's why people who have tried Drift are hooked forever, and those that just watch think it's stupid, or worse - Easy.

I've done road course (at this point, just as experienced) and I've done drift. Drift is far harder. Drift is harder than autocross (It's easy to autocross, it's tough to master, while Drift is tough to simply do)

Drift is always a matter of driver skill, and not equipment. High end equipment simply makes the maneuver speeds higher. Autocross is mostly drive dependent, but also car dependent. If I had a Supra or a Civic, I will do better in a Supra. It's mostly driver, but there is some aspect of car

+1.

Personal vendetta or not - I'll believe it when I fuckin see it.

Not a power-over, not breaking loose in a corner, that's not what drifting is.

Put up or shut up.

Quoted post[/post]]
+1.

Personal vendetta or not - I'll believe it when I fuckin see it.

Not a power-over, not breaking loose in a corner, that's not what drifting is.

Put up or shut up.

Take your own advice and shut up.

I didn't say I could drift ANY car and I didn't say I could drift a car for football field lengths.

Steve, to drift a car for a short distance is nothing - to be able to drift at the speeds and the distance of pros is something on an entirely different level and thats why they're pros. As I said the mr2 sent me spinning the first couple times, but thats what driving a midengine, lightweight, 2 seater thats fixed up will do to someone not experienced at driving it.

And yes, I'm talking about drifting and not skidding or fish tailing or breaking the ass end free, but I'm not talking about doing it for extended distances.

My initial point was anything could be drifted by anyone with talent, I can drift most cars that I have tried to drift, and that to have a proper drift car the car needs to be modded 9 out of 10 times (my point about what stock car is great at drifting, directed at turbomirage).

Oh, so since I called you on it now I'm the badguy.

I don't have to prove jack shit. I wasn't the one going around making claims that I have to dance around the issue and explain.

I say again. Put up or shut up. Anyone can make the sort of claims that you're famous for making, but a select few can actually live up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back