JRSC b20vtec integra... finally made a thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got the teg ready for the track today, Im going tomorrow evening when i get off work. Did a oil change, fixed an engine mount, and put the drag radials on. Ill take some more pics at the track and update soon. Hoping for 12s on 7psi.

Pics from today.

blackhousing011.jpg

blackhousing012.jpg

maybe video, it depends... but at least some pics for sure.

I dont know how exactly street legal it is, but the cops around here dont seem to care. The low beam headlights are still intact and working so at night you cant even tell. I actually just put the velocity stack back on today, I was keeping it a little more low profile with just a black silicone 3"-4" reducer mounted flush. It fits nicely into the headlight hole and looks much more subtle. Ill take pics of it when i put it back on.

It would be interesting to see dyno results with and without your "ram air" intake. I'd think the jrsc would love the cool intake temps. With my setup I had a CAI pulling air from inside the front bumper. I gutted the fog light block off plate so it could get airflow.

the track never happened... long story, but nothing to do with my car.

i just got my stepper pulley in the mail, that should get me to 10psi. within the next couple weeks i should have a big update with dyno runs, etc.

ill go back to the track soon dont worry! with more boost and tuning im hoping for low to mid 12s on my crappy radials.

installing a stepper pulley is a BITCH! the supercharger definitely makes getting the alt out much more difficult than it should be. i was black to my elbows and definitely said a few cuss words lol:mad2:

still have to finish up tomorrow, and hopefully will be tuning this week.

Yea that pulley sits about a half inch from the frame rail lmao. I put everything together when the motor was out of the car so I didn't have to deal with that shit. What boost level will you be running now?

I would have thought that your power numbers were pretty low with the original tune. You should be making more then 250 apprx hp. Your Frankenstein set up with higher compression pistons (N/A) gets close to the numbers you initially had. I would think tuning your set up is needed b/c I see it putting more down...even with the 7psi pulley. But you are saying the torque curve is insane? Only SC car I been in was a Cobra Muff-Stank. Got to drive it for a few blocks once...quiet the handful for sure.

Last edited:
I never dyno tuned my old jrsc setup. I tweaked the JR supplied base map with the ass dyno so that it would run on my higher compression jdm gsr motor. I was running 10 psi and had a kamikaze header + 3" exhaust. I sold the entire setup to a kid who installed in on his us spec gsr motor, and he put down 254. Not sure on the torque, but it had well over 100 lbft at 2500 rpms. Unheard of for a b series! With the built up b20, jrsc, and good supporting mods running 10 psi, I'd expect at least 265+ with insane torque.

yeah that crx is real quick, he was competing last year in the nscra drag radial class running in the 11s.

my original numbers were low for 7psi, it is known that this dyno gives low numbers. i think to be running low 13s in a full weight dc2, it probably is closer to 250whp right now.

i will be retuning on a different dyno, and will be doing more extensive tuning. boost should be 10psi with the MVM stepper pulley. my goals are to get as close to 300whp as possible, and at least mid 12s in the 1/4 on my crappy 205/50 drag radials.

I made it to the dyno today at SRC Racing.... it did not go as planned. My tuner put a new map sensor on, and started doing pulls. The car kept breaking up at high rpms. He got the a/f really nice but it kept breaking up at the same spot. We eventually figured out that it was ignition related :( so that pretty much ended it for the day.

The problem is that I need a new rotor and the plastic shroud that goes behind the rotor. The screw on the rotor is stripped badly and the rotor is real old. The plastic piece that goes behind the rotor is missing. The tuner said hes seen this before when adding boost, where the ignition starts cutting if this piece is missing. Apparently its some sort of buffer for the wiring inside the dizzy. So its not that big of a deal, Im gunna get new plugs, cap, rotor and it should be fine. I may have to drill the rotor screw out, but oh well. Mostly Im just bummed because we didnt get to see any real numbers, or use the 110 octane race gas I brought.

The only good things i can take away from today, are that my idle is better, and that its tuned to run on 10 psi now. It made 240whp and 180ft/lbs today, and that was only at 6800-7000 rpms (where it started breaking up real bad every time). After looking at all the dyno graphs today we are thinking it should make about 260whp and 200lbft of torque on pump gas once i get the ignition problem solved. peak power was just over 8k rpms on the 7psi tune, and should be pretty much the same now.

heres a couple pics on the dyno

srcdyno004.jpg

srcdyno005.jpg

sorry its not a great vid, it was so damn loud! the supercharger screams sooo high pitched. it was was just too loud and the mic on the camera apparently sucks. the car was breaking up and he let off a little early. I would have taken more and hopefully better videos, but since the car wasnt running right it wasnt worth it.

heres a misc. picture i took today, just because this viper in the parking lot looked so damn mean :)

srcdyno001.jpg

Awesome thanks for sharing! Hows it feel on the street?

Is it me or does your motor move way too much when you let off the gas? What are you doing for motor mounts?

Back