JRSC b20vtec integra... finally made a thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Awesome thanks for sharing! Hows it feel on the street?

Is it me or does your motor move way too much when you let off the gas? What are you doing for motor mounts?

i thought that same thing.. looked like that fucker was about to jump out of the bay and pimp smack someone

So have a blast drilling and tapping out that rotor screw^_^. These Hondas don't want to let some things come loose. I've snapped two 2-way threaded bolts that hold the header to the head. And on 2 different motors (including my current) lol.

I have a theory (bare with me) that a dyno braking has an effect on the motor when you let off the gas. This makes the motor move more then it under a WOT driving situation. None the less....with that HP....it needs something b/c that motor did viciously let you know that the pull was over lol

Clean Teggy though.

Have you seen this month's Honda Tuning Magazine? It has a silver one with a carbon hood and I friggin' love the rims on it....I lub dem a law-t

got the rotor screw out, got it all back together with new parts. car doesnt break up anymore... it just hauls ass :D the car feels faster for sure, 1st gear is almost unusable. even part-throttle spins the tires. cant wait get on the dyno and see what it hits. im also really interested to see how much more power it will make on race gas.

as far as engine mounts yes i need to put new ones in. they have just recently gotten thrashed pretty good. i have a full set of new oem mounts, that will be a project before i go back on the dyno in 2 weeks. i have used motor mount inserts before and i dont like them, too much vibration.

Last edited:
Looking good! The JRSC kit, that comes with the M62, right? Not the m45 that is given to D series and non vtec B series?

I'm interested to see what you IATs are like, too.

youre gonna keep going through mounts lol
i threw a set of avids in my car and yeah it vibrates a lot, but i get used to it

yeah its the M62 blower.

and yeah it bucks hard as shit on the dyno lol. kinda scared me. after i put in the new mounts we'll see how it looks on the dyno next time. if its still bad ill get inserts.

i was out driving around today and damn its a beast. so much torque, i love it. its so fun with vtec on a wot window switch, instant power, instant full 10 psi boost! it really reminds me of some V8 cars ive owned, that power thats always there for you.

Last edited:
I used "Window Weld" to fill my stock motor mounts. These held up great for 2+ years on my old jrsc setup. Not only is is dirt cheap to do, the vibration transmitted to the cabin is only slightly noticeable. The poly Hasport mounts on my new setup vibrate like crazy. What makes it tough is that Window Weld is moisture cured. This means that a huge glob in the center of a motor mount takes literally days to cure. If I were to do it again, I'd use some 2 part epoxy that has a similar durometer (softness) to motor mount rubber. Mix it up, fill the mount, and wait a few hours.

^^ So the epoxy will dry faster? Thats interesting. Let me know what you find for a mixture. I am now thinking about buying a 98+spec swap and selling my B16 swap so if I do...I was thinking I would have the swap first and do the mounts when I changing the clutch, timing belt, water pump, etc Windshield Weld is what I heard too. And I heard that it takes days (3-5) to cure thoroughly so I haven't done it. I'd like to do the a/c and side trans mounts too

interesting... i would do it if i knew exactly what to use. i dont mind letting the car sit for a few days or a week if i have to. i usually dont drive it that much anyway.

I've done that on 2 cars so far and yes it did translate vibration to the car, but it just seemed to drive lots better.

A few years ago I got a kit from McMasters. it was only about 40 bucks and would mix up about a quart of fluid. I lost where I put it in the move..

Should be enough for 5/6 mounts, depending on how much rubber is still intact and you need to keep the metal pipe/boss in the right position or when it hardens wrong, it will be a pain to align back into position.

E

thanks for the info on these diy mounts guys. i think ill do this to my new mounts before i put them in. should tighten things up a bit.

start with some motor mount inserts first. i didn't see how much movement you had, but it might work. then you can go with whole new mounts.

well i already have the new mounts so i figure why not beef them up a little.

finally washed my teg today. cleaned the engine a little bit too. i took a few pics when i was done. the front lip is off to get painted.

i want to paint the valve cover a different color but not sure what to do?

anyway, heres a couple pics.
teg03-14-10002.jpg

teg03-14-10003.jpg

teg03-14-10004.jpg

teg03-14-10005.jpg

teg03-14-10007.jpg

Back