JRSC Fitment?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

legacycycles

Ive been searching but cant seem to find much info...I can buy a used JRSC for cheap but its from a 92-95 civic,i know it will bolt to my 97 but will work?
This is my wifes daily driver and i dont want any issues with it such as check engine lights etc..Does anyone know if it will work or not?

I realize the SC itself will bolt on,as the bolt patterns are the same,my conceren is would it wok correctley with the egr valve and other emissions on the 96 up cars.

It will take some work. What will you be doing tuning-wise?

Nothing much,Thats part of the reason why im doing the jrsc...Bolt it on,hook up the fmu and thats about it.The car is my wifes daily driver and will never see any track at all.I just want a little more kick when i drive it.

FMU... eh.. How much boost will you be running? I know you shouldn't be going much more than 7-8lbs on stock injectors before they max out.

When I installed my kit, the S/C belt was rubbing on the power steering return line a little bit, so the P/S ended up coming out that night. I bet we could have figured something out, but why not knock out two birds with one stone, right?

Also, if you plan on installing an EG kit onto an EK, I believe you will need an OBD intake air temperature (IAT) harness. The EK has the intake temp sensor in the piping, EG's have the temp sensor on the manifold. The plug from an OBD2 harness will not fit and clip onto the OBD1 temp sensor.

Hopefully I am not confusing you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Yeah an FMU..But they work.I remember once upon a time when that was all you could get.(Back before hondata and all the others). In the late 90's i actually ran a turbo @30psi with an fmu,on my race car.Scarry by todays standards but that was all we had back then...But back on subject,i think the jrsc im looking at has a 6 or 7 lb pulley on it.And thats the way it will stay.Agin this is my wifes DD and im not going for broke with it,just a little sumptin sumptin.My only concern was the egr valve,but if push comes to shove ill leave it connected and relocate it outta the way.

If installing in a ek you might have clearance issues with the shock mount MC area. EK kits have a offset towards the passenger side and a 3 rib blower and special crank pulley.

Back